Citroen speed cam notifications show wrong speed on My-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen speed cam notifications show wrong speed on My-way

Downloaded Citroens speed cam database an it is showing wrong speeds.

If i go past a 70mph cam the screen shows 44 and if I go past a 30mph cam the screen shows 19.

Did a couple of calculations and 19mph equates to 30kph and 44mph equates to 70kph.

Anyone else have these problems??

Yeah.... got the same problem..... been researching if its possible to modify the file but only when i find five minutes between other things so no luck yet!
    Think its the usual problem of Europe not catering for the UK!
    Was gonna try satnav underground and see if there was anything there!

Comment

If this is the case then the warnings are useless and I want me money back.

I have e-mailed Citroen, lets see what they have to say for themselves.

Comment

they still tell you were the cams are..... which is half useful!!
        But you are right... would be better if they displayed the correct speed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Magman View Post
          If this is the case then the warnings are useless and I want me money back.

I have e-mailed Citroen, lets see what they have to say for themselves.
          Sorry for bringing up an old-ish post but did you ever hear anything back from citroen? Knowing where cameras are is ok, but correct speed would be good aswell.
          2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Hi,

No, it is actually Navteq you end up with, in Holland.

I have now sent 4 mails over the last 2 months and all they tell me is that the technical dept is looking at it.
            I have just sent another mail asking for a refund on the grounds that the software is not fit for purpose in the UK, lets see what responce I get. I konow it is only £6.99, but i don't like getting shafted.

I have downloaded a database from a third party and the speeds for a 70mph cam show as 68, alot closer that the 'official' attempt. This database also show more cams than Citroen/Navteq's.

Comment

The new e-MyWay systems show the correct speed but at present they are not available on DS3, by the way these systems support USB.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                The new e-MyWay systems show the correct speed but at present they are not available on DS3, by the way these systems support USB.
                Would they come available at some point you think.

Comment

Hi,

No, it is actually Navteq you end up with, in Holland.

I have now sent 4 mails over the last 2 months and all they tell me is that the technical dept is looking at it.
                  I have just sent another mail asking for a refund on the grounds that the software is not fit for purpose in the UK, lets see what responce I get. I konow it is only £6.99, but i don't like getting shafted.

I have downloaded a database from a third party and the speeds for a 70mph cam show as 68, alot closer that the 'official' attempt. This database also show more cams than Citroen/Navteq's.
                  Any chance PM'ing me the link to the Third party database you used?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                    Would they come available at some point you think.
                    Maybe, no word as of yet to be honest but as soon as it is I'll let you know. Our boss is getting a DS3 with MyWay and I'll try using the data card from the DS4 in it as the DS4 has the speed data, if that works then I'll let you guys know.

On a side note it's worth pointing out to people that the Sat-Nav adds no value to the car at trade-in so I hope some folks aren't adding it to their spec thinking that.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                      Maybe, no word as of yet to be honest but as soon as it is I'll let you know. Our boss is getting a DS3 with MyWay and I'll try using the data card from the DS4 in it as the DS4 has the speed data, if that works then I'll let you guys know.

On a side note it's worth pointing out to people that the Sat-Nav adds no value to the car at trade-in so I hope some folks aren't adding it to their spec thinking that.
                      I got my sat nav for the looks and thats all couldnt stand that little orange display in standard car, just does'nt do the car any justice.

Comment

Hi Magman, is your nav still showing you speeds as above & does it seem to work for you, If so any chance of the link. Mine only comes up with 31?

moosa

Comment

Hi Moosa,

I do not use the Citroen/Navtech data base any more. I have been trying to get a refund from Navtech since August. Won't ever use any Navtech product again. P*** poor product and absolutely f****** terrible customer servce.

I run a 3rd party database which although not perfect it is much better.

Comment

Hi Moosa,

I do not use the Citroen/Navtech data base any more. I have been trying to get a refund from Navtech since August. Won't ever use any Navtech product again. P*** poor product and absolutely f****** terrible customer servce.

I run a 3rd party database which although not perfect it is much better.
                            How did u manage to get a 3rd party database on ur MyWay system?
                            DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

There are a few people who have a speed cam database for MyWay. The data is downloaded and dumped in the same place as the Citroen/******* (can't even bring myself to type the name any more) database. Turn on settings on MyWay and away you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X