Radio on, ignition off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio on, ignition off?

Can't find it in the manual but... When i listen to the radio in the car the ignition seems to have to be switched on to the point where all the dash lights up and dials come on etc. The radio only plays for about 20 mins before the car goes into economy mode and automatically switches it off. I realise this is to stop me flattening the battery but it still seems pretty quick? Is there a way of having the radio on without all the dash stuff?

No...

You Just Have To Live With Economy Mode...

Comment

Pmsl!!!!!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

lol zack...
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Leave the engine running
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

Just pressing the ON/OFF button with ignition off turns my radio on. Everything works including Bluetooth streaming and USB but annoyingly, the cigarette lighter socket turns off meaning I can't power any equipment (in my case a Pure highway DAB radio) to feed into the AUX socket.

Comment

See this Post I made recently: http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ll=1#post43253

If you email that address and complain, eventually Citroen will have to sit up and listen!
              DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
              Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nick View Post
                See this Post I made recently: http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ll=1#post43253

If you email that address and complain, eventually Citroen will have to sit up and listen!
                Eventually being a key word there.

You're really not going to make a difference by complaining about Citroen trying to be eco friendly and prevent you from draining your battery.

Harsh truth unfortunately.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

+1...

They Wont Care About What You Have To Say...

Comment

they can deactivate it, i had it done in my c4 or they at least changed how long it takes for it to activate.
                    but i agree that complaining won't achieve anything
                    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Citroen told me that they can't do anything and don't think this is an issue as there are no similar complaints on their system. The issue is that not enough people with this problem are giving Citroen grief so they think it's great.

They have call handling software and run call stats reports so if enough people log calls directly with Citroen UK it may appear on their report and they will look at it. This is what they told me so that's all I can tell you guys.

That's interesting Den, what did you have to do to get them to change it as they didn't seem inclined to help us at all?
                      DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
                      Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

i just asked them to change it whilst it was being serviced, and they did. although if they deactivated it or changed it i have no idea.
                        C2 GT #2003

Comment

just had a look on google. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...ex.htm?t=48127
                          its about c5's but most seem to agree it can be disabled, although one says it depends on what version of software your car has, so who knows.
                          C2 GT #2003

Comment

Mine works fine with the ignition completely off and the key out.

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ition-settings

Comment

Working...
                            X