upgrading the cd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading the cd player

Is it true that changing the factory fitted head unit for a much better one will make your warranty void ????

YUP!

but your electrics are only covered for 1 year anyway.

I changed mine and added a sub and amp, and my car is 6months old maybe...

also I think it only voids any work caused by what you altered? maybe Bigfeet can shed some light.
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

looks like im gonna have to put up with listening to rick astley on a sub standard player.....................gutted.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
        but your electrics are only covered for 1 year anyway.
        Who says?!! This must be wrong.

Comment

Someone said that his dealer told him that same thing... Thats like changing wheels would void your warranty for engine and drivetrain... I doubt that. Only reason to void warranty would be if you made the connections yourself from speakercable or something.

Ofc warranty wont cover your new headunit but thats about it... Since you don't have to change anything else (plus the loom ofc).

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
            ...Thats like changing wheels would void your warranty for engine and drivetrain... I doubt that....
            No this is correct as you are changing the vehicle from the manufactures specification. If you change the radio the same applies when it comes to warranty, granted most dealers will use a bit of common sense when it comes to this.

One thing to point out is that aftermarket radios tend to confused the car's 'Eco-mode' and cause a battery drain as the car can't switch off the power. Back in the C2 days when we had the Ministry of Sound version there was a recall to solve this issue as we had loads of 'dead' C2's!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

We live in a world where honest people who work, pay taxes, pay mortgages, get married, have kids, then pay university fees for their kids, are "easy meat" for every expensive liability living honestly in today's society has to bring.
              Whereas the feral scumbag society live "off the grid" and are left alone because, basically, they are too much like hard work to track down. And have nothing to lose anyway.

So I say this. Time for the honest people of this world to rebel. Rise up I say. Rise up against the risk of losing 1 yr's electrical manufacturer's warranty. And start by changing that head unit in your DS3. Live life on the edge. Like the scumbags do.

Comment

And lose the night panel button + loads of other functionality!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTurbo View Post
                  And lose the night panel button + loads of other functionality!
                  Believe this if you like being a conformist.

Comment

What other functions are we talking about..? Only one i can think is that night button you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by DSThree View Post
                      We live in a world where honest people who work, pay taxes, pay mortgages, get married, have kids, then pay university fees for their kids, are "easy meat" for every expensive liability living honestly in today's society has to bring.
                      Whereas the feral scumbag society live "off the grid" and are left alone because, basically, they are too much like hard work to track down. And have nothing to lose anyway.

So I say this. Time for the honest people of this world to rebel. Rise up I say. Rise up against the risk of losing 1 yr's electrical manufacturer's warranty. And start by changing that head unit in your DS3. Live life on the edge. Like the scumbags do.
                      Right on brother ..........power to the people :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by connor217 View Post
                        Right on brother ..........power to the people :cool:
                        Right up to the point when it all goes horrible wrong and you need help from the 'man' (the network)...!
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Right up to the point when it all goes horrible wrong and you need help from the 'man' (the network)...!
                          As he shuffled into the service department with his head hung low, he said it wasn't me I'm tellin you it was like that.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I'm not going back now. I'm in too deep. I'm just gonna have to lay low and hope my front door doesn't get smashed in at 5am by the anti-anarchist squad.

Comment

Night function is rubbish anyway
                              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                              Third time around.
                              Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X