Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy S2 connection issue

Here's a funny thing.

Use to have a HTC Hero. Connected to USB ok and got Call list and Directory (contacts) coming up on the orange display. Both hands-free phone and audio streaming worked but no track listing on the audio.

Now have a Samsung Galaxy S2. Bluetooth pairs ok and audio streaming works well with track listing. Received phone calls ok but no directory or calls list so can't make outgoing calls on the move.

The phone is fairly recent - does it take a while for Citroen to catch up?

It's Probs Because It's Not An iPhone...

Comment

I had this exact same thing with my Nokia N9, would pair the devices and connect each time, but no directory or ability to make a call.

I tried to sync my contacts over and over and each time would fail.

Gave up in the end and back to my old phone
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        It's Probs Because It's Not An iPhone...
        TOO predictable.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          TOO predictable.
          Apple stuff is great, I've got an iPad, but the SG2 beat it in my personal consumer test.

Don't like this silly Apple vs everyone else conflict.

Comment

Rang local dealership - no help at all - just said phone was incompatible. It is a recent model (May 2011) but I'm disappointed with the response.

Comment

Make you that you have the 'remote SIM access' option switched on, you need this option to allow the car to download your directory information.

My boss's S1 connects fine and my understanding is that the S2 is more of a physical upgrade rather than software.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Do you changed your Bluethooth name? I had the same problem... with Samsung Galaxy Ace, with "default name" work fine :confused:

Comment

I have a galaxy s2 and mine works absolutely spot on.. much better than my iphone ever did.. bluetooth.. streaming.. making calls etc.. even watching films through the sound system so the phone is definitely compatible!

Si

Comment

Fixed it - it started working yesterday for some reason without any intervention from me. Thanks for all the advice.

Now I have to sort out all the duplicate contacts.

Comment

Copy all your contacts to the SIM card, then remove the SIM and delete all the phone contacts. Pop the SIM back into the phone and then move all contacts onto the phone memory - viola!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        Copy all your contacts to the SIM card, then remove the SIM and delete all the phone contacts. Pop the SIM back into the phone and then move all contacts onto the phone memory - viola!
                        Voila! you've lost all the extra info you added to your phone contacts.

Nice idea if you've got an old dumbphone, but smartphones allow you to add a lot of extra information to your contacts that the SIM cannot hold, so following your advice would lose all of that. Much safer to just go through and delete the duplicates.
                        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Didn't think of that...

My HTC fills that data it by itself anyway by nicking that data from social media!

Comment

Sync the contacts to your Google account and use a computer to easily filter out the duplicates and populate them all fully. Then just set phone up to keep phone and google in sync and you'll always have a nice stash of contacts online for when you lose your phone or upgrade.
                            Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Are you mad!!

Feed the Google monster data!!

Good idea though.

Comment

Working...
                              X