Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After market subwoofer with MyWay head unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market subwoofer with MyWay head unit?

Anyone reckon its possible to fit an after market sub woofer to the My Way HiFi, not too impressed with the factory sub woofer. I have a subwoofer from my old car, would love to fix it to my DS3.

And possibly aftertmarket speakers, basically have spare speakers and woofer from my old car! I've even got a spare amp! The hifi system on the ds3 get put to shame compared to the sound system I had in my old Clio, but I really like the MyWay head unit!
    Last edited by pat40; 20-11-2011, 16:50.
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Would be good if I could use the existing wiring harness to save the trouble of putting my own wires, am really scared to pull out any panels and start drilling my car, spent way too much on it to dare lol!
    Last edited by pat40; 20-11-2011, 16:52.
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

well to get the wires through to the back is easy enough and no damage necessary...

but I don't know about wiring a sub in to the standard stero...

there is a few guides on here on changing stereos and wiring up a sub
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

He Who Dares... Wins !

Comment

Easy to do look up my how to guide....you will need a new headunit though as standard head unit had no aux out.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
            Easy to do look up my how to guide....you will need a new headunit though as standard head unit had no aux out.
            I have the fancy sat nav head unit, cost pretty penny, don't want to lose my pretty screen! Gonna look into something that will give me pre outs from a factory head unit!
            DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Working...
            X