DS3 Dstyle Plus - USB converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Dstyle Plus - USB converter

Hey, guys. Just signed up for this last night and not really sure where to start but erm... here goes!

So I picked up my shiny new DStyle Plus last friday. Love it to bits but there's one thing on my mind... My car doesn't have the USB or Bluetooth connectivity so I'm pretty much resigned to using my AUX lead to play songs from my phone. This works absolutely fine but I was just wondering if there was any way possible to fit an after-market USB/Bluetooth connector so I can use the steering wheel controls to change song through my phone?

Its not the biggest of problems, I know. Its just that trying to change song on a touchscreen phone while driving isn't exactly safe haha.

Cheers guys!
    Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

There are different things you can do but the best option in my opinion is to have the dealer USB box fitted, that will give you all the MP3 connectivity that you are looking for. Other options would be to change the head unit.

On a side note I am surprised by the number of people buying DS3 and then picking them up and not realizing what specification they have on board or asking about stuff they though they had - are your dealers going through the spec with you guys or are you lot assuming what is fitted (my guess! )
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Can the USB box option be fitted to the MyWay sat nav unit Dave? What's the rough price for these aswell?

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Now that is a question!

I would believe so as the box itself does the file converting and sends an audio signal to the stereo. I'll try and find out for you.

Comment

I brought a showroom model and don't really think the staff knew what the spec was but i was delighted to find
          that i had bluetooth connectivity of my itunes library to the stereo and the usb connector,
          great though that you can the dealer usb box connectivity fitted at a later date i would definitely go for that if i was in your position
          There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

As The Guys Have Said,

Either The Citroen USB Box Or Change Your Headunit To A USB One...

Comment

Staff at my dealer didn't have a clue about the spec of each car, I researched it and was telling then what each one had.

It will be the last time I use them, completely clueless

Sent from my Razr via tapatalk
              In the immortal words of Ari Gold .... Lets hug it out bitch !!!!!

DS3 Style Plus 1.6 VTI 120bhp, White/Black

Comment

Name & Shame !

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  There are different things you can do but the best option in my opinion is to have the dealer USB box fitted, that will give you all the MP3 connectivity that you are looking for. Other options would be to change the head unit.

On a side note I am surprised by the number of people buying DS3 and then picking them up and not realizing what specification they have on board or asking about stuff they though they had - are your dealers going through the spec with you guys or are you lot assuming what is fitted (my guess! )
                  How much does it cost for the usb box to be fitted to the dstyle+? I've been thinking about this myself.

Comment

Trust me, way more expensive then just specing the car from the start to include it!

Comment

Working...
                    X