Aux cable and mobile phone use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux cable and mobile phone use

If I use an Aux cable to simply plug my HTC phone in for taking calls (I appreciate that it wont charge the phone), if the radio is playing would;

a. The phone override the radio if I answered the call using the slider/accept call? and;
    b. Can the speaker volume be controlled via the steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance.

no and no

With the phone plugged in you will hear the call through the speakers as if you was listening to music... so you can turn down the volume but they wont be able to hear you speak
    best bet is to get a bluetooth hands free
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

The AUX socket basically allows the car to become a giant set of earphones, as Rick says the best bet is to get a Bluetooth unit to allow you to take calls on the move.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I have Bluetooth on my Garmin Sat Nav, but just wondered if the aux could do the same job when I didn't need the Sat Nav.

Comment

if you have the headphones that comes with your phone like me...

you can you the first bit which has the microphone and then aux wire to car which then allows you to do what you say just long wire's
          Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
          Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

I use the aux port for mobile phone use. Just get a phone holder that clips to air vents and it works a treat. You have to set the radio to aux mode (simply done by pressing the source button) when you phone rings. You can hear them as clear as anything. The only complaint I have had (once) was that they could hear them selves when I had it up loud. (was on motorway doing 70 in the pouring rain. It works so well, it stopped my buying a bluetooth kit.

Comment

Question...... Should i be able to hear calls through the speakers as well then?? If i'm listening to my iphone through AUX and someone rings me, the ringtone plays through the speakers but once i answer, nothing! i have to stick it on to loudspeaker.
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                Question...... Should i be able to hear calls through the speakers as well then?? If i'm listening to my iphone through AUX and someone rings me, the ringtone plays through the speakers but once i answer, nothing! i have to stick it on to loudspeaker.
                I think that is quite normal with an iPhone. It knows if you have a pair of iPhone headphones plugged in and automatically routes the call sound to those. If you have just an aux cable plugged in it will just play the sound through the internal speaker, but as you've noted if you select loudspeaker it will either play over the iPhone speaker or through the aux cable.

Stef
                2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

when plugged in the way i have said the voice comes through the car speakers
                  Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
                  Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

I have a HTC Desire and it works fine. It transmits the phone ringing and in call speech through the car speakers. I have had no issues with it working. Like I say, Airvent mount it and you don't need to worry about having a cabled mic into the phone.

Comment

Working...
                    X