usb music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usb music

Ive got a dsport+ehdi and copied a few gb of music to a pen drive. The stereo reads it ok (takes a while to initialise) but its ony showing 200 rather than the actual number of tracks. Now is this down to having folders in folders so say root\artist\album and so on or can it only cope with 200 tracks (seems odd it stuck at such a regular number

I Think It's because Of the Folders Mate,

Hold The Music Not Symbol Button And It'll Give You the Option To Sort By Playlists, Select Playlist, Hit The 'Back/Return' Button And Press The 'List' Button And You'll Be Able To Sort Through The Folders

Comment

I have mine in folders like you and it definitely shows more than 200 tracks. Are all your tracks in the same format, the stereo seems to be very picky about the file types and bit rates it will play. I spent quite a bit of time trying various usb sticks and file formats etc. when I first got my car. Only downside of folders is you can't random play all your tracks, best it will do is random play all the tracks of a particular genre.
      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Thanks yup thats just the number of files in thar directory others have more doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          I Think It's because Of the Folders Mate,

Hold The Music Not Symbol Button And It'll Give You the Option To Sort By Playlists, Select Playlist, Hit The 'Back/Return' Button And Press The 'List' Button And You'll Be Able To Sort Through The Folders
          Just hold down 'list' when the USB is running....

By the way the best structure is to have just one level rather than sub folders, I have over two hundred tracks on our USB and it works fine with no problems. Also think about what compression size your using as well, most people can't tell the difference between 128kbps and 320kbps, but the file size the system has to crunch does make a difference.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X