New audio system THP165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New audio system THP165

I just got my factory new THP165 last week and have been learning how to use the new touch screen interface. I mainly only use the FM radio with a handful of presets. Now, the behaviour of the thumbwheel selection of preset seems different on this new model. I could've sworn it was like in my old THP150 but now I'm not so sure...

So I'm used to changing the radio channel using the thumbwheel in the bottom right-hand stalk. On the old one I just rolled it once and it switched to the next or previous channel. With this new one, first time brings up the preset screen but does not change the channel. Next roll changes the channel almost instantly BUT as soon as the preset screen disappears (about 5 seconds), the audio and channel return to the previously selected. If I press the end of the stalk while on the preset list it stays on the channel. I could do this every time but the old one was one roll to change channel, new one is 2 rolls + one press.

Now this seems like a feature but I could've sworn it wasn't like this when I first tried it...

Anyone else doesn't use the radio at all? The same system may be from all the DS3s which have the touch screen. Not sure about the version though.

Comment

You had a THP and you went for another THP? Ouch you must like punishment. I've always used the presets on the radio for mine 1 - 6 rather than stalkwheel its fussy i find. Skips a lot.
      Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
      E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Does sound like they changed the functionality for the new radios. I hardly ever use radio, but when I do I use the 1-6 too as the wheel is too loose, would prefer a more clicky rotation. Now that the new ones don't have the 1-6 I guess you're stuck doing it like that.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yeah the stalkwheel is not the most reliable thing to select channels. With this new system you also have one additional step. First click brings up the preset list with the current channel, only after that you can select another channel and then select it if you want to stay on it.

Streettweeks: I really didn't have another option for a new car and since my first THP which was the notorious THP150, didn't suffer any major issues during the time I had it I figured the new one cannot be worse(?) It does run and handle much better but the clutch seems different and it takes some time to learn how to shift smoothly.

Comment

Working...
          X