Touch Screen Missing Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Screen Missing Navigation

Hi guys. I'm a DS3 newbie (having had an Audi TT for years). I've just purchased a 65 plate DSport Blue HDi and am loving the car. I've noticed that my touch screen menu doesn't have the six option icons (Navigation, Radio/Media, Settings, Internet, Telephone and Driving) - it only has FIVE. It is missing the Navigation option. I rang my local Citroen garage and they said that it should be there but if it isn't, then the car doesn't have this facility and there is no way of adding the function at all. This seems a bit od to me but having spent hours on the web looking for any advice, I have drawn a blank so thought I'd join this club and see if anyone here can help, advise etc?

Straight away I'm wondering if satnav was an option on this model rather than a standard feature. I'm not up to scratch with newer model options, having a DS3 without the infotainment screen. Other thought is software update?
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks Ben. I did wonder if it was an option and so that's why I tought I may be able to add it now (even if I have to pay), but Citroen are saying it cannot be updated to include Sat Nav. Seems odd with the level of spec in the car that Sat Nav was never initially included (esp as I'm lead to believe it's an ex showroom demonstrator). I had a 2010 plate DS3 for a few months (which ended up going back due to engine problems) and even that had sat nav. SOftware Updates online only seem to offer map upgrades etc. Strange...

Comment

I'll wait for the experts with similar age cars to chip in, hope it gets sorted for you!
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

They did sell a smegiv2 without navigation. It does not have the sd card in the unit so no storage space as far as i'm aware. Your unit does also not have the jukebox, does it?

Only option is to put a nav enabled smeg unit in the car. This is one of these 'stock' cars that comes with loads of options without the price tag.

Comment

Don't know if the sd card reader is in the smeg. Otherwise it's just a question of adding the correct sd card with all the files and enabeling satnav in diagbox. But this has never been tried before i think.

Comment

I take it you are talking about the latest touchscreen version?

Sat Nav is a module, which is factory fitted, sits behind the unit along with the gyroscope and GPS sensors. The screen is generic for the range and is used for all versions, but if your car is equipped with CarPlay then you can just use your iPhone and Apple maps.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks so much for all the info. I guess what V3nn3tj3 has explained makes sense why Citroen say that it can't be added as it is fitted in the build with components that cant be fitted later. I will check about the CarPlay functionality and see if I can then use that. Tbh I find the audio much more useful than the visual maps when driving. I'll report back on how I get on this weekend but much appreciate the quick responses from you all. Cheers

Comment

Gyroscope ?? Never heard of it. And the satnav is the same as the radio. Same module.
                  Also screen is the same for all smeg modules. The rneg version has a screen the same size but is different on the inside.

Comment

I am just wondering the same issue got everything else but not satnav an Parking sensors anyone know if can these can be fitted ?
                    Mines a 2016
                    Seen this on ebay is this what I need CITROEN DS3 SAT NAV MEDIA UNIT 9814196580 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X