Possible Bad Earth, Whining Noise through stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Bad Earth, Whining Noise through stereo

Excuse my crap spelling its been a long day. I'm getting a whining noise through the stereo that changes depending on the engine speed. Its becoming quite frustrating, is there something I can do to stop this?

It's a 2012 Ultra Prestige with the RNEG stereo (I believe thats what it is, its the Sat nav one)

Sounds like a bad earth to me. It’s a know issue and there’s an info rapide on how to fix it, your dealer should be able to sort it.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Wire harness / loom fault. Common on ALL ds3's had mine replaced 3 times under warranty.
      Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
      E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Mine used to fix itself temporally if I went over a bump...

But an easy fix that all/most dealerships will know about - as above, it's just a loose earth cable.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Can anyone tell me exactly what earth and where it's located? My dealer has been absolutely hopeless and so have Citroën UK! Apparently there is no info rapide for this fault. Charters Citroën in Aldershot wanted £200 just to look at it with no guarantee they could fix it even after I told them it's a likely faulty earth connection. Whining was through the central dash speaker so told them to disconnect it - sound doesn't seem much different and not whining now but I still want it fixed.if I can tell an independent mechanic I know exactly what needs doing I recon he could fix it.

Comment

I have found the earth points under the handbrake can corrode.

Take it apart and clean the contacting surfaces put back together and put some dielectric grease over it.

You can see on the photo there is a bit of green corrosion on the ring connector.

Comment

Common problem as stated my service center knew it immediately. Fix is to install/replace (updated?) wiring for subwoofer. OEM wire costs around 70 euros if not covered by warranty.

Had mine fixed a year ago and based on the invoice, the part number was 9807156180. And yes, it works 100%, no more whining.

Comment

Do you know if the whine came from the centre speaker or all?

Comment

Cannot be 100% sure, but if my memory works correct I think it came from all speakers. The wire was installed in the trunk and literally took them ~5 minutes, so must have been very easy to access.

Comment

My dealer has been absolutely hopeless and so have Citroën UK! Apparently there is no info rapide for this fault. Charters Citroën in Aldershot wanted £200 just to this look at it with no guarantee they could fix it even after I told them it's a likely faulty earth connection. Whining was through the central dash speaker so told them to disconnect it - sound doesn't seem much different and not whining now

Comment

Working...
                    X