Mirrorlink Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrorlink Nightmare

Hi All, I have just got my new DS3 Prestige and I'm having a nightmare with Mirrorlink. I know that my phone is compatible S6 Edge but I can't get the screen mirrored at all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working as even my local dealer doesn't have a clue! TIA...

Hi, welcome to the club!

To be completely honest, I gave up with mirrorlink I tried RockScout (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mlmediaplayer) on my S7 Edge but didn't really get anywhere. I've not looked for 6 months or so, or tried with my OnePlus 5T yet but I'll have a play this eve and see if I can get anywhere...
    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Well now here's a thing.

My wife has a 66 plate C3 Platinum (last of the old model), it has mirror link but I have struggled to get to recognise Andriod Auto, about a month ago I had a new C3 for a week while my DS3 had it roof sorted out and all I did was plug my Android phone into it with a usb cable and it recognised it right away asked for permission and then fired up Android Auto on my phone. I just said "OK Google navigate to home" and up came google maps on the cars screen and off we went. I am going to speak to the dealer and see if there is an update for my wife's car or if the older versions are just not as good.

Comment

The new C3 has Android Auto instead of MirrorLink so that's why it just worked for you.

I think MirrorLink never took off and most manufacturers seem to have moved away from it.

DS told me that they have no intention of rolling out Android Auto, which is really disappointing.

In any case make sure you install the MyDS app before you plug your phone into the car, then you stand a chance of it working.

Comment

Working...
        X