ICE system keeps rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE system keeps rebooting

I have a 65 reg ds3. The radio/satnav system has a habit of continually turning itself on and off. This happens around 50% of the time. It will reboot constantly for around 10 minutes and then work normally. While the process is taking place the system is unresponsive and no controls work. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Non-Dark Non-Light (i.e. a black car but with the DL trim), arrived 30 November 2015

I still have this issue. Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to do a hard reset of the radio/navigation system?
    Non-Dark Non-Light (i.e. a black car but with the DL trim), arrived 30 November 2015

Comment

Remove the battery for 30 mins... guaranteed to get a reboot of all systems then!
      DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
      Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Heh I wouldn't have a clue how to do that!

Comment

A good way to reset everything is to follow this procedure exactly - it is important not to open the doors or press anything during the timings or the whole procedure will fail:
          • Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
          • Leave the car and ensure all doors and tailgate / boot are closed and remove key from the ignition.
          • Wait for 5 minutes, then disconnect the vehicle battery negative and wait at least another 5 minutes.
          • Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 3 minutes (do not open doors).
          • Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
          • Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality - don't start the car.
          • Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
          • Remove key and operate the central locking system with the fob to make sure it is working.
          • Get int he car and start the engine and complete the system's check.
          I've extended the times as sometimes a few minutes is not enough - especially to ensure BSI and all ECUs have reset.

To remove the battery negative, use a 10mm spanner (usually 10mm for batteries although I don't have the car to hand) to undo the nut a few turns on the negative terminal (-) at the battery, you wont get a shock so don't worry! Holding the insulated part of the cable, twist/rotate the cable end on the terminal to free it and then lift up quickly so it is disconnected. It may fizz or spark very briefly but it is nothing to be concerned about. Move it so it can't return back and touch the battery terminal again when you let it go as the cable will want to settle back on the battery. Reconnect is the reversal of this but always hold the insulated part and put the cable onto the terminal quickly/forcefully.
          DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
          Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X