Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicplayer of the installed Tablet in DS3 Performance Black Special

Hi,

I'm writing from Germany and hope my English is good enough to explain my problems.

I own a DS3 Performance Black Special from Feb 2018, the one in black with golden roof.
    Problem 1):
    If I play music files via an USB stick, about 50 % of the files are not being recognized
    but without any system behind it, on one stick it plays the file on another it doesn't
    I have MP3s ripped in 192 kbit being recognized and I have other MP3s also in 192 kbit NOT being recognized.
    Stick is formatted FAT32,
    on advice of my carage I'm using a 8GB stick
    and the audiocodec-versions I used for ripping the same album are:
    AIFF
    WAVE
    160.HELIX
    CDEX-Ripper.320
    dbPowerAmpDirect2pass.320HQ
    EZ CD-RipperDirect.320HQ
    EZ CD-RipperDirect.VBR
    FLAC.1040
    FLAC.0
    FLAC.5.1020
    FLAC.UNCOMPR.1400
    m4a.ALAC
    OGG.CBR.320
    OGG.CBR.1024
    VSDC-Ripper.320
    Non of the versions above have been recognized,
    BUT on another stick (32GB) it receognized one of the FLAC versions

But none of the MP3-versions, despite I have other albums ripped the same way, which ARE being played
    Like I said before there's no system behind what's eing playd and what's not!
    I have today shortened the file names to less than 20 digits, but with no effect.
    Problem 2):
    Many of the rest of the songs (about 30%) which are being played, skip to the next track before the song ends (a few seconds befiore it ends).
    I cannot simulate the error, because when I skip manually to a position a few seconds before the end of the song, it plays it to the end without skipping.
    Questions: Does anybody know these problems?
    Can someone tellme the REAL requirements that a song is being played???
    Max. size of a connected USB stick?
    How to format it? FAT 32 ok?
    Which are the audio formats being played?
    Can a firmwareupdate of the player respecitvely the tablet be done?
    If yes, where can I find the current version
    and how to get it on the tablet?
    I didn't find any similar point in the menu for updates.
    1000 thanX in advance for your help!!!
    I don't wanna end haveing to say: "I sold my little blonde Blacky 'cause the musicplayer was Shit" ;-)
    MiTcH

Haha that's alot of questions but willkommen!

I play my music via USB too. I found that file size of the song itself has a bearing.

All my music files are FLAC (sounds great with the hi fi speaker) but if it's over 60mb per song, it refuses to play it (too much data to handle?)

It may be a question to put to DS customer support so some can properly find out because I'm not really sure, just trial and error for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post
      Haha that's alot of questions but willkommen!

I play my music via USB too. I found that file size of the song itself has a bearing.

All my music files are FLAC (sounds great with the hi fi speaker) but if it's over 60mb per song, it refuses to play it (too much data to handle?)

It may be a question to put to DS customer support so some can properly find out because I'm not really sure, just trial and error for me.
      Hi DeeKay,
      yes, indeed a lot of questions for such a small problem like listening to music.
      But as I despite a records collection of FAR more then 10,000 items listen to music only in my car, it's getting a BIG problem for me.
      I meanwhile found out that it plays all songs if I use a small stick of max.8 GB but the problem of songs being brutally cut a few seconds befiore the end still exists and is a REAL pain in the ass.
      DS customer support is a good idea, but I upo to now wasn't able to find any contact details like email address or even a phone number.
      Do you have any contact details and can help me out, preferrably a German address, but if not available an English one would be better than none.
      ThanX for any help you can provide.
      Best wishes,
      MiTcH

Comment

Hi Mitch MUseless - try the link below. There is a "contact us" section on the right hand side. Worth a shot.

https://dsautomobiles-uk-en.custhelp.com
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I’ve got a couple of 32GB USB drives i use in mine, FAT32 formatted. Here is some info that could help you narrow down the issue you’re seeing (it’s been a while since anyone has asked so this might not be 100% accurate):
          - The stereo can only read up to 999 songs, any more won’t be listed.
          - It will only officially play MP3 files, I think up to 192kbps, not sure on specific codec.
          - Folder structure is important, there’s a limit on file path length so try and keep it only 1 folder deep if possible.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
            Hi Mitch MUseless - try the link below. There is a "contact us" section on the right hand side. Worth a shot.

https://dsautomobiles-uk-en.custhelp.com
            Thanks, I'll gonna try that.
            Funny .... or not ...... I can't find that section on the German DS page.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              I’ve got a couple of 32GB USB drives i use in mine, FAT32 formatted. Here is some info that could help you narrow down the issue you’re seeing (it’s been a while since anyone has asked so this might not be 100% accurate):
              - The stereo can only read up to 999 songs, any more won’t be listed.
              - It will only officially play MP3 files, I think up to 192kbps, not sure on specific codec.
              - Folder structure is important, there’s a limit on file path length so try and keep it only 1 folder deep if possible.
              Hi Funky,
              that indeed helps partly. The last several folders I copied on a stick were all visible.
              But I still have the other real strange problem:
              Problem 2):
              Many of the rest of the songs (about 30%) which are being played, skip to the next track before the song ends (a few seconds befiore it ends).
              I cannot simulate the error, because when I skip manually to a position a few seconds before the end of the song, it plays it to the end without skipping.

I wonder if there is somewhere a section on the tablet like "fade out" which can be activated or not.

Does anyone of you if there can be made firmware updates on the installed tablet and if yes, can I do it or is it essential that my garage does it?

A great weekend to all of you
              Mitch

Comment

There is a known bug where if it's playing a song when the car is turned off, it will keep playing it after turning it back on, but only for 30-60 seconds, after that it will skip to the next song. It's never really bothered me, I usually skip to a song when starting the car anyway. I've not heard / seen the issue that you mentioned though.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  There is a known bug where if it's playing a song when the car is turned off, it will keep playing it after turning it back on, but only for 30-60 seconds, after that it will skip to the next song. It's never really bothered me, I usually skip to a song when starting the car anyway. I've not heard / seen the issue that you mentioned though.
                  Hi BeefMasta,
                  after following MANY (far too many for a MODERN music player) restrictions in terms of stick size, bit rate, length of songs, number of subdirectories and and and....
                  the problem is now on the actual stick similar to the one you mentioned:
                  when starting the car the music player is playing from the position it was when I turned the car off.
                  Then short before the end it skips to the next song and plays all following without skipping again too early, so I could live with this, too.
                  But to be honest: this is so much of being "old-fashioned" and far behind from what I would expect from a today's player.
                  My old Sony car radio was sooooo much better and played everything.
                  All together DS/French electronic is so tricky, let's say STUPID.
                  Meanwhile one problem is following the other in a car with less than 10.000 kilometres. Meanwhile the light of the speedo on the right, where the kilometres driven are shown doesn't go out when I leave and lock the car.
                  And I'm so much disappaointed of DS Germany, who don't have any support mail address or phone number, you are forced to go to the car garage.
                  Greets
                  MiTcH

Comment

Working...
                  X