Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 DS3 eMyWAy- worth an update?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I have a 2012 DS3 DStyle (I think??) in Botticelli blue and I absolutely love it.

I bought my DS3 from Citroen in 2015- it has the eMyWay system which I don't think has ever been updated, at least not when I owned it.

i'm just wondering if it is worth updating to the 2018 maps, £69 seems ok to me if it will work like a proper satnav. I don't use it very often, but when I have used it I find it quite difficult to follow compared to googlemaps or an actual satnav.

The things I find difficult/annoying/useless about it currently is no postcode option, relatively unclear instructions like 'bear left' to take an exit, and I also find I only receive roundabout instructions when im basically at the roundabout and usually in the wrong lane.

My MAJOR problem with the current system, is if I miss a turn or purposely defy the navigation, it tries to make be do a U-turn or directs me to turn around for such a long time before it decides to allow me to take a different route.

About 60% of the time I use it, I end up getting lost because it gives me directions too late or doesn't even know where I want to go.

Any opinions on updating the satnav would be greatly appreciated, and answer about postcodes too!

Thanks!!

Actually, I had the head unit of the stereo replaced under warranty a couple of months after I bought it, so it should be updated to 2015??

Comment

Welcome to the club

If you have a 2015 model you should be able to put the post code in the 'Town' box.

£69 sounds like a reasonable price for the update, is that the dealer doing the update for you?
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Welcome to the club

If you have a 2015 model you should be able to put the post code in the 'Town' box.

£69 sounds like a reasonable price for the update, is that the dealer doing the update for you?
        Thanks for your reply! I didn't get a chance to look over the weekend, but yes I can put the postcode into the town box, I had no idea!

I looked on Citroen.navigation.com and you can download the update for UK maps for £69 or £129 for Europe, I don't anticipate leaving the country in my car so I will only update UK. Now that I know I can input a postcode, I think I will look at definitely updating it in the new year. thanks for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          ...If you have a 2015 model you should be able to put the post code in the 'Town' box...
          Completely unaware of this! I never use mine either because of the lack of postcode search. I'm trying this later. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daiisyjaynee View Post

Thanks for your reply! I didn't get a chance to look over the weekend, but yes I can put the postcode into the town box, I had no idea!

I looked on Citroen.navigation.com and you can download the update for UK maps for £69 or £129 for Europe, I don't anticipate leaving the country in my car so I will only update UK. Now that I know I can input a postcode, I think I will look at definitely updating it in the new year. thanks for your help!!
            No worries, happy to help.

Originally posted by baasacJak View Post

Completely unaware of this! I never use mine either because of the lack of postcode search. I'm trying this later. Thanks!
            Yeah, 7 digit postcode was added to eMyWay in an update around May/Jun 2014. My dealer updated my car before I picked it up.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
            X