Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly Purchased DS3

Hi
    New owner of a DS3 with a few problems (its a 2013) which i am hoping the dealer can resolve but want to run this by you guys first.

The car has had a radio upgrade and has a JVC DAB radio installed. Problem is i cannot see this on the main display, volume stalks do not work, i think that this is symptomatic of the install not having a Connect2 box attached to it (might be wrong here).

Other things that don't appear to work are the reverse sensors (no display) - could this be connected?
    Also the DRLs don't seem to go on but not used them in the daytime yet

Are all these connected as i cannot access the System Set Up on the main display because of the different radio. This one does have Bluetooth (which i assume is why it was changed in the first place)

I do have another radio which does not have DAB from a previous car and this one has USB (USB not on this car) which i would probably like to change at some point, would a Connect2 box resolve all of this for me?

Help

Lee

Welcome to the club

You're correct, it sounds like when the radio was changed, they didn't use a Connects2 box to allow the stalks to control the radio. Which screen do you have? (Monochrome A is old radio style, Monochrome C has a better resolution).

DRLs are only on when the headlights are off. They can't be used at night due to being too bright.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Beef, thats what i thought. I did work out the DRLs last night in the end, just got into work and the headlights were on auto so it hasnt been light enough for them to work I guess.

Great car though!!

Not too sure which screen i have to be honest, looks kind of orangy

Comment

Orange screen can be one of 2 types, (see attachments). Basic is Monochrome A, higher resolution is Monochrome C.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I think i have the second one

Comment

Originally posted by Leevis View Post
            I think i have the second one
            As standard you won't have the HiFi upgrade, USB or Bluetooth. Probably why the previous owner swapped out the radio unit.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah thats what i thought, back to the dealer i think as it was sold with reversing sensors (although it has) they are inoperable with this unit. Going to be a strange conversation i think

Comment

shoud be an easy conversation, if it was advertised with a function it has to be present and working, for example if a car says aircon when sold it has to be working correcly even if it is working but out of gas the dealer still is obligated to regas it free of charge as it was soldwith it advertised

Comment

Spoke to them, they are sorry and i am now waiting for a call from the service dept to get this booked in. Christ only knows what they are going to do here.

Comment

what could they do? put in an original head unit would be the only thing they can do right?

Comment

either go back to original or, maybe try to connect the radio up with the proper adaptors etc...but they might make the stalks work but nor the reverse sensors, they might try to bodge something to give you an after market sensor dispay but obviously i wouldnt be happy with that and wouldnt accept it.

might be worth doing a search on here or googling to see how /if people have got the disply for reverse sensors working with aftermarket display and if you find the answer pass this on to the garage so they can rectify the situation.

hope that makes sense, i dont usually exsplain ,yself well

Comment

just had a quick look..maybe the connects2 thing will sort the sensors issue or something like this ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-D...-/132253021894

i have no idea as i have no experience with stereos but the fact that item mentions parking sensors give some hope.

Comment

Yeah i think that the Connects2 thing solves a multitude of issues regarding these type upgrades, not sure if you can access the settings though

Comment

after reading some posts on here people seem to mention being able to access about 90% of the settings using the stalk controls, just not as easy as with the oem setup., to be honest it would probably be easier and probably quite cost effective to get a oem headunti and to sell the aftermarket one in there now. I have no issues with the standard stereo and it guarentees full functionality

Comment

there are ds3 headunits on ebay for arounf £20-£0 which is probably not much more than having to buy the adaptor to get things working. infast the adaptors for the DS3 seem to be arounf £40-£50 mark so cheaper to go get an original headunit from ebay, obviously look into if it needs programming to work with the different car first before you make decision. But i would suggest to the garage that the best and cheapest rout is to get s second hand oem head unit

Comment

Working...
                              X