Rear Usb Output - Where to locate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Usb Output - Where to locate

Just discovered that the radio installed in my DS3 has rear USB which is great. All i need to do now is connect the USB connector (which i have from another radio - assume its the same) to the radio and find somewhere to 'hang it' so i can connect my USB powered HD to it.

The previous car i had (a C1) i poked it through to the glove box (didnt have a lid - more of a shelf) and then connected the HD from there. I note that in the DS3 there is a proper glovebox and its going to be tricky to site it there because the actual box moves.

Does anyone else use aftermarket rear usb? if so, where have you put the rear usb out (sadly the radio does not have front USB).

Lee

If you have enough cable I don't see why you couldn't mount it in the glove box. It's not like it's big enough to keep much else in. Mine just has a microfibre in there.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'll give that a go once i work out how to remove the existing radio. The issue that i might have is that the glove box is basically a sliding lid and i dont know if the bit that opens fully covers the side that i would need to go through

Comment

You should be able to run it through the dash and in. There's definitely a gap in the back of the glovebox.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Just got to work out how to remove the radio now, any bright ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Leevis View Post
              Just got to work out how to remove the radio now, any bright ideas?
              Depending on the brand of radio, you'll need something similar to this: https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...-pins-din-type

I'd do a search for INSERTBRAND radio keys and see what turns up. Halfords usually stock most common makes.
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Jut ordered the right ones from Halfrauds, picking them up later, hopefully should be a pull out, plug in and play fingers crossed

Comment

Wow that was rather fiddly in the dark, got there in the end, now have usb working with HD in the glove box yay

Comment

Working...
                  X