Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connects2 Device - Which bits to get

Hi
    I have a Pioneer DAB radio in my DS3 (was in when i bought it) i have no volume controls from the steering wheel and nor reverse sensors that work.I am hoping that getting one of these boxes will solve all of my issues.

Firstly, will it and secondly, what parts do i need to get ?

Anyone done this with the same radio (DEH-X8700DAB)?

L

I have yet another question, i noticed that on the back of the installed radio there is a Remote Control IN 'hole'. Not too sure if there is anything connected in there as i havent looked but i assume this would be where there is something to connect between the steering wheel and the radio. Just wondering what this looks like and how i can access it, anyone ever done this before?

Comment

Been doing some digging on this form regarding this and i am somewhat confused. I think a lot of the posts are quite old and some of the kit is not available anymore or has been renamed.

From what i can see, i need a CTSCT003.2 which should enable me to access the volume controls on the stalk, reversing sensor noises (beeps i think) AND be able to access the computer to change the date and stuff. I will also need a patch cable for Pioneer radios.

What i am concerned about here is when i last looked at the radio wires etc I didnt see anything that looked like it came from the steering wheel. Looking at the installation guide etc i would need to find this and connect it up but IF there already is a connector there, couldnt i just plug that into the radio and see what happens? Maybe i will start to get the reversing sensors working (probably not the volume etc - i understand that bit).

The question here is, WHERE is the but that comes from the steering wheel and what does it look like?

Comment

Watching this post with interest...

I've just bought a Pioneer MVH-X580DAB, and will hoping to fit it soon. Thankfully I don't have reversing sensors to worry about, but I'd really like to be able to use the stalk and access the car menus.

Comment

I am really getting myself confused here on this one, i have reverse sensors AND need to get the volume working, What i really need to know is which Connects2 pack i need

Comment

i've raised a ticket to Connects2 to hopefully get a definitive as to what i need to order

Comment

The connects2 people want to know which oem radio was originally installed anyone know what that might be ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leevis View Post
                The connects2 people want to know which oem radio was originally installed anyone know what that might be ?
                The OEM head unit has a model/part number of 98032839XT00. Used in Pugs and Citroëns. Hope that helps.
                Last edited by Funky; 12-03-2019, 20:15.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Many thanks for this, this is the one without Bluetooth right

Comment

Originally posted by Leevis View Post
                    Many thanks for this, this is the one without Bluetooth right
                    Don't know tbh. It's the same as what's in mine, but mine does have Bluetooth. It's the only one I've seen apart from the My eWay units. Maybe the earlier versions or certain spec/models of DS3 didn't have Bluetooth as standard built into them.
                    Last edited by Funky; 12-03-2019, 23:10.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I have received a reply which says i need to get a different model of the Connects2. I will order one of these at some point soon and hopefully it will work

Without the original we can not confirm if our interface will work.

The Standard radios in Citroen / Peugeot is the RD4 radio, if you vehicle was fitted with an RD4 radio then the interface CTSCT008 should work in your vehicle. If the original system system was a Navigation system then we would not have an interface for your vehicle. I will link the CTSCT008

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSCT008

Please note with Citroen and Peugeot vehicles there are 2 types of parking sensors that can be fitted to the vehicle. The first type of parking sensors our interface will work with and you will get parking sensor audio. The second type is a rare type of parking sensor, this type will beep just one when the vehicle is put into reverse but then will no further parking tones. Unfortunately at present we do not have solution for the second type of parking system the system is rare and there is no model difference to identify the type of parking sensor system in the vehicle.

Comment

So

Looking at this all i need to get Stalk + Reverse Sensors back on-line is to get
                        1. CTSC008
                        2. Pioneer Patch Lead (because the radio is Pioneer)
                        3. A Fakra Aerial Adapter

On the aerial adapter, i have noticed that i can get FM on my radio but not MW, is this just an adapter to make it fit or would i need some sort of amplifier for this (its not that important as i have DAB on the radio but would like to know).

Lee

Comment

Working...
                        X