Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3 DStyle - Stereo Help

Hi,

We pick up our new DS3 Dstyle next Thursday and it was the car in the showroom that we have bought it has quite a few extras on it but i think its just the basic stereo in th ecar.

What does it sound like and is it worth buying a new stereo and changing the speakers or should we leave it how it is...

I know everyone wants a car thats has a decent sounding stereo.

Thanks

David

Which extras did you buy because if you ordered the connecting box then you will be getting the uprated hi-fi which I think sounds great.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, is the connecting box the bluetooth stereo and USB slot. if yes then we havent got this extra.

Comment

Originally posted by davidhallam10 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply, is the connecting box the bluetooth stereo and USB slot. if yes then we havent got this extra.
        Correct !

Upgrade To Some Nicey Nicey Bits !

Comment

Does anyone know if you can get the extra speakers retro fitted after purchase. Was told when I got my DStyle+ that it would be identical (all but bluetooth) to the demo I tried. Needless to say it misses the upgraded hifi system, which I was not told about.

Comment

One word for you about that - Expensive.

We have covered it before on an earlier thread, it can be done to retro fit the system but the cost far out weights the benefit. Don't panic too much as the standard setup is fine and it's easy to upgrade as Citroen still insists on fitting radios that comply to a standard DIN size.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for all you replies, but still havent got the answer i asked lol.... my DS3 has just got the standard stereo, is it worth taking this out when i get it and buying my own stereo or is the sound good enough in the basic stereo for the DS3 DStyle.

Thanks

Comment

standard stereo is good. but beware of speaker vibrating panels when playing high bass tunes and the sound quality is great hope that helped lol :cool:
                e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Thanks Billy for your answer... i didnt know weather to buy a new stereo in time fo rdelivery of my new car... ill see how it goes when i receive the car thanks again :cool:

Comment

we av the bog standard one in ours and it does its job perfectly. apart from me avvin to wedge 2 scarfs either side of the rear seats due to panel rattle. its just fine mebbe i got to stop listening to coldplay/prodigy. but then ya cant beat chris moyels in stereo in the mornings lol its hard to stop laughing. :cool:
                    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Working...
                    X