ds3 dstyle plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds3 dstyle plus

Hi does any one know how the ipod works throught the basic sound system so i can get my track and albums up on the screen

Plug your iPod into the AUX in, then gaffer tape the iPod over the screen on the dash. Means you get a nice colour screen in your car instead of the orange screen which can also be used for GPS.

In other words, you're stuck with it saying "Input 1" on the display when you're using the AUX in.
    Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

In short, if you have the basic set up with auxillary jack point then you can't

Comment

When using the AUX socket the ds3 basically becomes a giant set of earphones, you will only get sound and you will only have control on the device your using.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

see the one i have seen has a usb connected and had my ipod up on the track listing on the screen

Comment

I may be totally off mark, is there an after market usb box that would do the job?

Comment

only on the uprated stereo or with Connect Signature

Yes you can get it fitted (usb) thread on here use the search

Comment

see i called citroen up and they have no idea what i am on about im sure if i called halfurds up they would tell me there and then

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy88 View Post
                  Hi does any one know how the ipod works throught the basic sound system so i can get my track and albums up on the screen
                  see the one i have seen has a usb connected and had my ipod up on the track listing on the screen
                  I'm slightly confused. Are you referring to the same car in these two posts?

A standard DStyle+ does not have a USB connection and therefore cannot and will not display track names on the display.

A DStyle+ with the connecting box fitted will allow you to connect your iPod, but still might not display track names on the screen (any ideas biggie?)

Comment

i think i confused my self i called citroen and spoken to there parts team as long as ai have a rd4 stero in the car ( which i have got) i can have the track listing showin on the screen the parts i need to get are 9702 ez and 9702 hn as they have to be encooded to the car stero system

Comment

Originally posted by mixin View Post
                      I'm slightly confused. Are you referring to the same car in these two posts?

A standard DStyle+ does not have a USB connection and therefore cannot and will not display track names on the display.

A DStyle+ with the connecting box fitted will allow you to connect your iPod, but still might not display track names on the screen (any ideas biggie?)
                      A DStyle+ does not come with the option of the Connecting Box so you will only have the AUX socket which means that you will only get sound.

The USB function is only standard in the DSport and DSport+ versions unless you have added the Connecting Box as an option. The other point to note is that the display is difference on DS3's with the connecting box, it has more pixels which allows the display of track names.

Comment

the parts i need to get are 9702 ez and 9702 hn as they have to be encooded to the car stero system
                        sounds like the connecting box and cable?
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          A DStyle+ does not come with the option of the Connecting Box so you will only have the AUX socket which means that you will only get sound.
                          The Connecting Box is not available as a Factory Fitted Option on the DStyle+, but could one be purchased and fitted after the car has already been delivered?

Comment

Those part numbers don't tally up to anything on my system.

Comment

Originally posted by mixin View Post
                              The Connecting Box is not available as a Factory Fitted Option on the DStyle+, but could one be purchased and fitted after the car has already been delivered?
                              Yes the system can indeed be retro fitted but at a huge cost!

Comment

Working...
                              X