MYway size of screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYway size of screen.

Hi Guys, Could someone be really helpfull and let me know what the size of the opening in the dash panel if you have the Myway navigation/stereo in the car. We dont get this option in Australia yet and I am looking at installing one of those Chinese system that have the same options. I have tried contacting that TACT Vision about there one they have but get no answer to my emails. I have contacted on place and they recon that the system that fits the C4 will plug straight into the DS3 system and give all the same readout as the standard system but you also get DVD/NAV. The new one I have looked at has pretty good grafixs. If some could give me the size of the opening that would be great. If someone has used one of these stereos somefeedback would be great on the type they have. Thanks

The visible size of the screen is 152mm x 86mm, just like an iceberg there will be a bit more hidden under the surface.

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittso11 View Post
        Hi Guys, Could someone be really helpfull and let me know what the size of the opening in the dash panel if you have the Myway navigation/stereo in the car. We dont get this option in Australia yet and I am looking at installing one of those Chinese system that have the same options. I have tried contacting that TACT Vision about there one they have but get no answer to my emails. I have contacted on place and they recon that the system that fits the C4 will plug straight into the DS3 system and give all the same readout as the standard system but you also get DVD/NAV. The new one I have looked at has pretty good grafixs. If some could give me the size of the opening that would be great. If someone has used one of these stereos somefeedback would be great on the type they have. Thanks
        Hi there, considering buying a DS3 at the moment still no Navigation any luck with your system?
        Thanks

Comment

Funny I have just finished it today. I bought a Navigation for a C4 from a company called Roadrover. I had to buy a new dash facia from John Nichol. I was black though and I had to repaint the same colour as mine( carmen red). removed the normal unit in the car and replaced with the one that they provide. Looks exactly the same as the Myway citroen one , just doesn't have the six buttons on the bottom. Doesnt matter as the unit is touch screen. I had the remove the facia around the display , as on hear provided by WTF. I had to remove the display. only problem with the top screen is you have to cut 10mm of plastic out of each side of the recess to fit the unit in. I have connected it all up. If you have rear sensors they dont work with this nor does the AUX in the centre . I will post some pictures of the unit in the next couple of days. Had some problem with the start up screen changing it , I had a chinese guy tell me every wrong way to do it but got there in the end. I have only had it up and running tody so I'll have to see how reliable it is. Not sure. the system cost me $635.00 australian + dash panel $250.00 Australian. Have you had a look at the one from TACT VISION. Go onto youtube put in citroen C4 Navigation and look for one with TACT VISION on it.

I did this as we cannot get MYway Citroen one in Australia. This was my only option.

Comment

Funny I have just finished it today. I bought a Navigation for a C4 from a company called Roadrover. I had to buy a new dash facia from John Nichol. I was black though and I had to repaint the same colour as mine( carmen red). removed the normal unit in the car and replaced with the one that they provide. Looks exactly the same as the Myway citroen one , just doesn't have the six buttons on the bottom. Doesnt matter as the unit is touch screen. I had the remove the facia around the display , as on hear provided by WTF. I had to remove the display. only problem with the top screen is you have to cut 10mm of plastic out of each side of the recess to fit the unit in. I have connected it all up. If you have rear sensors they dont work with this nor does the AUX in the centre . I will post some pictures of the unit in the next couple of days. Had some problem with the start up screen changing it , I had a chinese guy tell me every wrong way to do it but got there in the end. I have only had it up and running tody so I'll have to see how reliable it is. Not sure. the system cost me $635.00 australian + dash panel $250.00 Australian. Have you had a look at the one from TACT VISION. Go onto youtube put in citroen C4 Navigation and look for one with TACT VISION on it.

I did this as we cannot get MYway Citroen one in Australia. This was my only option.
            Hello,
            Are you pleased with your new GPS? I live in Brazil and GPS is not an option here.
            I would really aprecciate if you posted a few pics.
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi, had quite a few problems with the system and gave up half way through. I have however just ordered a new system from www.navinc.nl . Take a look at there website and the system is supposed to hook up to your normal head unit and give you access to all normal setting but through a 7" screen. The screen screws into position were normal Myway screen screws into, you dont need to make any special changes. You will need to replace the dash board. It also comes with the navigation and multi media unit that hooks into the screen and gives you access to navigation, extra USB port ( it also accesses your one in the car if fitted), bluetooth( if not fitted) and rear screens if you want to fit or other media devices. If you go to there site it shows all the thing it can do and a link to youtube explaining things. Its not cheap but seem like a very good system and you dont need to hack your car to pieces to get access to the multi media units. Take a look and edwin who owns the store seem really helpful and accomidating. he is on holidays at the moment until monday and that is why I dont have my system yet. I will do a post whilst I am fitting it. Thanks :cool:

Comment

Hi, had quite a few problems with the system and gave up half way through. I have however just ordered a new system from www.navinc.nl . Take a look at there website and the system is supposed to hook up to your normal head unit and give you access to all normal setting but through a 7" screen. The screen screws into position were normal Myway screen screws into, you dont need to make any special changes. You will need to replace the dash board. It also comes with the navigation and multi media unit that hooks into the screen and gives you access to navigation, extra USB port ( it also accesses your one in the car if fitted), bluetooth( if not fitted) and rear screens if you want to fit or other media devices. If you go to there site it shows all the thing it can do and a link to youtube explaining things. Its not cheap but seem like a very good system and you dont need to hack your car to pieces to get access to the multi media units. Take a look and edwin who owns the store seem really helpful and accomidating. he is on holidays at the moment until monday and that is why I dont have my system yet. I will do a post whilst I am fitting it. Thanks :cool:
                Thank you very much!
                It looks like a very good product!
                Do you know if there is a way to update the iGO map? I would have to load the Brazilian map to it.

Also, can you tell me where I can buy the dashboard with the 7" screen cutout?

Once again, thanks for replying!!

Comment

Hi Zoio,
                  I found a guy in Australia that sells the iGO maps for australia. He has sold it to me and I received it yesterday. Hopefully it works , wont know until I do the install. You require the iGO Primo maps for Windows CE 6.0. That was what I ordered. Maybe look for someone in Bazil that can do it I dont know? You cannot buy from iGO as they only sell to wholesalers but you can update on the site if you have a licenced copy. Not quite sure what I have yet. You can also ask if get it from navinc you dont pay VAT tax on the item as it is going outside EU but might need to pay taxes on entry to Brazil. Edwin will also take off 25 euros if you source the iGO yourself as thats what it costs him.

Dash board I bought from John Nicol or Ross on here but it depends on if you have Right hand drive or Left hand drive. Right hand drive you can only buy the dash in a couple of colours and I had to buy in Black and repaint it in the Carmen red of my car. If you have left hand drive I think they come in all colours. Send him a message on the email system on here and he will let you know price , availablity and they are very good and give a great price aswell.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Comment

Hey skittso- I've got your profile pic as the wallpaper on my phone- sorry, just felt I had to point that out! lol
                    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                      Hey skittso- I've got your profile pic as the wallpaper on my phone- sorry, just felt I had to point that out! lol
                      Here's the big version

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...3-WRC-1741.jpg
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Put on as its one of my favourite photos. Have it as my screen saver on the computer aswell.

Comment

Hi Zoio,
                          I found a guy in Australia that sells the iGO maps for australia. He has sold it to me and I received it yesterday. Hopefully it works , wont know until I do the install. You require the iGO Primo maps for Windows CE 6.0. That was what I ordered. Maybe look for someone in Bazil that can do it I dont know? You cannot buy from iGO as they only sell to wholesalers but you can update on the site if you have a licenced copy. Not quite sure what I have yet. You can also ask if get it from navinc you dont pay VAT tax on the item as it is going outside EU but might need to pay taxes on entry to Brazil. Edwin will also take off 25 euros if you source the iGO yourself as thats what it costs him.

Dash board I bought from John Nicol or Ross on here but it depends on if you have Right hand drive or Left hand drive. Right hand drive you can only buy the dash in a couple of colours and I had to buy in Black and repaint it in the Carmen red of my car. If you have left hand drive I think they come in all colours. Send him a message on the email system on here and he will let you know price , availablity and they are very good and give a great price aswell.

Let me know if you need anymore info.
                          I really appreciate your help.
                          NavInc is checking if they can get the Brazilian map installed. They seem to be very responsive.
                          I sent a PM to John Nicol asking about the dashboard, but he has not replied yet. Mine is left hand drive and has the fiber carbon look.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Hello i know this is a very old thread...
                            My car is thp 2010 model with the monochrome yellow audio unit..rear parking sensors and bluetooth
                            i found a very good deal for an original citroen multimedia unit i think its 7inch...it was taken off from a 2017 ds3 model
                            after doing some research i guess this unit will not fit in my dashboard...i will need a bigger dashunit for it
                            any ideas where i can find a cheap one? Also if anybody knows will all the functions be available with the newer unit? (Bluetooth-steering wheel audio controls-parking sensors-engine info/faults being displayed) ?

Comment

You don't say what colour you're after, but there are a few on eBay like this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-17-CIT...kAAOSw5wJb7CaO
                              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X