No announcement yet.

crackling and popping through ipod usb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crackling and popping through ipod usb.

Hi Guys,

I keep getting a crackling and popping sound when I listen to my ipod through the usb. It doesn't happen through any other source, but the annoying this is I listen to my ipod the most.

I've tried 3 different cables and its still happening. Should I take it into the dealer?

Any idea's to what it could be? i'm thinking usb connection? I tired a memory stick in the USB slot also and it kept skipping.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

There may be some answers at the bottom of this page - 'Similar threads'

I know it has been mentioned before so may be worth having a snoop about

Welcome by the way
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Hi

I have the same issue on my DSport Plus, I too have tried different ipod cables but I can still hear crackling and popping after a while listening to my iPod. I mentioned it to the dealer when I took the car in for it's 6 month check up and they claimed they hadn't heard of this issue before and suggested it might be the iPod. I am not ruling this out but have noted that when I dock the iPod in the house and play it there is none of this noise, nor can it be heard when listening through the headphones.

Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread, I did read the similar topics at the bottom of the page but they didn't cover the same problem and I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has any. andygod75 did you ever resolve this issue ?

Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        Hi

I have the same issue on my DSport Plus, I too have tried different ipod cables but I can still hear crackling and popping after a while listening to my iPod. I mentioned it to the dealer when I took the car in for it's 6 month check up and they claimed they hadn't heard of this issue before and suggested it might be the iPod. I am not ruling this out but have noted that when I dock the iPod in the house and play it there is none of this noise, nor can it be heard when listening through the headphones.

Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread, I did read the similar topics at the bottom of the page but they didn't cover the same problem and I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has any. andygod75 did you ever resolve this issue ?

Cheers
        I suspect when you're docking it you're using the base connector but when you plug it in the car you're using an AUX? If so, this isn't exactly a fair test.

Ask a friend or relative if you can try their phone using a new cable and see if you can replicate. If you can, sit in the car with the dealer and show him the fault with his phone.

If you can't replicate, get a new iPod.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, when in the car I use the white iPod cable (base connector) into the AUX socket in the DS3 so I do take your point, however if the base connector works fine on the docks in the house and I have tried 3 different Apple cables it would seem to suggest to me that the issue is with the AUX port or the car.

I will try my fiancee's iPod though on the next long journey (oh noes, that means Glee and show tunes )to see if that does the same. I also have the first service coming up so will mention it again when I take it in.

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, when in the car I use the white iPod cable (base connector) into the AUX socket in the DS3 so I do take your point, however if the base connector works fine on the docks in the house and I have tried 3 different Apple cables it would seem to suggest to me that the issue is with the AUX port or the car.

I will try my fiancee's iPod though on the next long journey (oh noes, that means Glee and show tunes )to see if that does the same. I also have the first service coming up so will mention it again when I take it in.

Thanks
            May be worth while just using the regular aux cable as an alternative/something to test also.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

What gen of iPod are you using?

DS3 won't recognise my Gen1 iTouch...

The cracking is point to an interference issue with the transfer of sound, make sure that you are not double plugging which another customer of mine was doing - using the AUX at the same time as the USB with their iPod.

Have you tried using a USB stick to test the USB socket?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hey Bigfeet

I have an iPod Touch 4th generation, when playing the iPod is plugged into the usb port on the AUX socket and I also have my TomTom Go Live 1000 plugged into the 12v socket just above it. Is the TomTom likely to be causing interference ?

I haven't tried putting my music onto a USB stick in the DS3 yet but I will do that at the weekend, I have an 8gb one I use for my PS3 and I can dump a load of music/podcasts onto that.

Thanks for the response
                sigpic

Comment

I also have my TomTom Go Live 1000 plugged into the 12v socket just above it. Is the TomTom likely to be causing interference ?
                  Try removing the Tom Tom for a short period of time and seeing if the problem is replicable.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No problem, that's what the club is here for!

Try the USB stick first and then try unplugging the TomTom and see how you go
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Cheers both will do the USB and then see if the problem persists, if it does I will unplug the TomTom and see if that makes a difference and post back
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X