Speaker sizes needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker sizes needed

Does anyone know the size of the centre speaker in the dash? The one that says hifi on it. Does anyone also know how it's configured into the system? I'm assuming it's connected to the front speaker outputs but is it a dedicated centre channel or is it a mono version of the two front speakers. I'm currently replacing the other speakers and it'll sound not much better if it's left the same.
    Cheers
    Nik

I wouldn't bother upgrading the centre speaker, disconnect it and leave it where it is. Are you going for component speakers?

Most of the best audio builds opt for tweeters and door speakers upfront - a 5.1 setup is rarely done in many builds, and they need alot of setup time to get right. If you want to up the ante, get some decent components with an amp, possibly alter the tweeter location if u want a better soundstage.

Comment

I've already bought some focal components for the fronts. I was asking to see if the front centre speaker output could be used alongside the factory fit subwoofer output for some extra mid bass. Then I could go for a larger sub install in the boot. I have two 10" subs for the boot already but with extra mid bass in the car I could go for one 12" sub and still retain a fairly flat response.

Comment

Look into a jl audio clean sweep - it takes the oem outputs and levels them into proper channels out to an amp
        Last edited by Stonesy; 04-06-2012, 17:18.

Comment

Anyone know of a translator program I can use for this thread lol

sigpic
          Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

What's not to understand?!

It's really

Comment

When determining speaker sizes needed, especially in the context of marine sound systems, factors such as space constraints, desired audio quality, and environmental conditions play pivotal roles. In the case of marine sound bar which are designed specifically for boating environments, selecting the appropriate speaker sizes is crucial to ensure optimal sound performance amidst challenges like wind, water, and engine noise. The integration of marine sound bars requires consideration of vessel size, layout, and mounting options, ultimately emphasizing the importance of choosing speaker sizes that balance power and clarity to deliver an immersive audio experience on the water.

Comment

Working...
              X