Gap between tracks when playing mix CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap between tracks when playing mix CDs

Is there anyway to turn off the small silent gap that's inserted between songs when listening to a CD that is a continuous mix? Listening to the mix CDs on a normal stereo or in my other car, the songs blend in to each other just as they should but in the new DS3 the CD player adds a slight pause when it changes to the next track making listening to albums annoying when the next song should fade in to the other.
    I've been looking at all the settings and reading the manual but I can't find anywhere to make it right.
    This isn't a CD that i've made myself so I know it's nothing to do with me not clicking on the thing that says "remove gap between tracks" etc.
    I would have thought that a brand new car stereo should not do this as it's not as tho mixed CDs are a new thing, they've been around years now.

No, I found this.

It used to play straight through, and mix in. Then after I pressed random for the first time, it has put a pause in between the sequential order.

Maybe we are missing something and someone will point it out

Welcome btw!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Im having the same problem too, can anyone help - it is doing my head in!!

Dave Grew

Comment

Can I ask which screen version you have? Is your car equipped with the USB?

What I'm wondering is the CD player can show CD text and maybe the system pauses in order to get this information, granted that is dependant on which screen your using.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry what do u mean by screen?

yes my car has the usb. its the THP DSport plus model.

Comment

You will have the 'text' screen version then which will display track information. What to try is turning off the radio text and see if that stops the gaps with your CD.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

It's strange but I can't really say much because I've never even used the CD player but what biggie says would definitely has an effect- reading the meta info from track can take a second if there's no buffer in the system
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

ive changed the settings, but it has not worked :-(

Comment

Hey, has anyone found a solution to this? i adjusted the settings as above but also made no difference, still getting a jump between the tracks, never had this issue before with any cd player when playing mix cd's ? :confused:
                  DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

ds pinky do you write the cd yourself or do you buy them

Comment

They are ones that i buy, just normal mix compilation cd's ....
                      DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X