Retro fir USB port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fir USB port

Hi..I have a DS3 White edition which as most will know was "option free" so I just have the Aux port fitted.

Does anyone know if its possible to retro fit a usb input port? if so does anyone know how & what's needed to do so.

I Doubt You Can John - As The Usb Port That Comes With The Hi-Fi Changes The Dash Setup And Everything, Maybe Its Worth Looking At Aftermarket Head Units With A USB Port Built In ?

Comment

wouldnt the after market head unit take all the control stick options away?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
        wouldnt the after market head unit take all the control stick options away?
        Probz lol

Comment

You can get the USB stuff from your dealer as a retro part, but as you would have guessed it's not cheap!!

Also just to let any people about to order Citroen WILL do options on "Collections", before I ordered the wife's DSport I asked about hi-fi on a "White" and was told that it was not a problem to do. Speak nicely to your dealer and get them to sort it out, i did this for a C2 Code a few years ago and got the auto pack and side airbags fitted which were not an option.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            i did this for a C2 Code a few years ago
            Had 1 Of Them For A Week Once...

Lovely Interior With The 'C' For Code Badges In The Seats...

Comment

As bigfeet said you can get a USB/IPOD box which plugs into the back of the unit but will need to be installed at a dealer so the stereo can be config. Its not cheap

A customer came in with a usb box which he bought from ebay which wasnt a genuine kit in his pug 207 which will be the same stereo as yours (unless you got NAV), all we had to do is config the radio and it worked the same. Hope that helps

If your talking about retro fitting a flap like some specs have in the centre consol, im sure it possible. I shall have a think

Comment

Originally posted by Blerg View Post
                As bigfeet said you can get a USB/IPOD box which plugs into the back of the unit but will need to be installed at a dealer so the stereo can be config. Its not cheap

A customer came in with a usb box which he bought from ebay which wasnt a genuine kit in his pug 207 which will be the same stereo as yours (unless you got NAV), all we had to do is config the radio and it worked the same. Hope that helps

If your talking about retro fitting a flap like some specs have in the centre consol, im sure it possible. I shall have a think
                Thats true you can get the USB box, but you can also get your hands on all the parts that make up the USB Connecting box option which comes with the HI-FI Upgrade. I checked this for a customer and our reackoning it's cheaper to do then buy the USB Box option

Comment

and plus it looks OEM

Comment

I am awaiting an email back from a company who provide one for the white/black edition stereo. As soon as I hear I'll post the reply. Look's like the kit is £85 and plugs into the back where a multichanger CD would go. You may have to get the dealer to activate the function though but the stereo does have the function I am led to believe.

Comment

I'm certainly interested in hearing more when you have the info

Comment

me too on this one

Comment

I've had another look that the OEM parts for the connecting box at request and there has been a rise in the units prices from last time i looked. The OEM bits would work out more expensive than just going for the USB box dealer option. Parts (as far as we can tell) would be;

6574JV (USB PORT)
                          6574RW (UNIT SUPPORT)
                          6574RL (UNIT)

Total parts price is £228.50 and thats before fitting.

Comment

So it IS possible to have the USB fitted as an aftermarket addon, though expensive? Worth knowing, now I just have to save up my pennies

Comment

Another way of getting a USB port (as well as full bluetooth useability) is to do what my son has just done to his C2 (my cast off)...He added a Parrot kit with Brodit holder so that his Iphone4 would work, as a bonus the kit includes a usb connector

Comment

Working...
                              X