Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galaxy S3 issue

hey guys ..

i have the galaxy s3 ( as it says in the title :P ) and i cant plug it in using the usb .. it doesnt give me an error or anything just goes back to the radio
    can u help ? .. cuz i have all my music in my s3 and its annoying to use bluetooth

I have a S2 and just stream the music via bluetooth. I have tried to hook mine up via USB and gave up as I tried and just didnt happen. So just stream via Bluetooth.

Comment

Don't know if this will work as I haven't had a chance to test it, under Settings - Connect to PC try changing Default Connection Type to Disk Drive & remove the tick from the Ask Me check box.
      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

ohhhhh I get to be the first to say it. Buy an I-Phone
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

IF you plug it in you must change the USB mode on the phone if it has a chance a chance of playing back via the USB. WHen you plug the usb in you'll notice a little USB symbol appear in the notification area (weird looking fork thing). Bring down the notification menu and select manage USB. You'll find a number of options there and the one you want is USB mass storage but for some reason Samsung haven't got it listed so try 1 of the other 2 options and see how you get along if nothing then follow this tutorial ( http://www.jayceooi.com/2012/03/14/h...ung-galaxy-s2/ ). If the USB symbol doesn't appear in the notification area then the phone is not detecting the port as a valid data port.

Bluetooth is there in the car for this exact reason- to stream audio from your phone to the car whilst also having the headset function of the car connected (my tablet connects to the media streaming function and my phone to the headset function and it works flawlessly)

Cyclone....grrrrrrrrrrrr
          http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
          Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I used to have an iPod and a BlackBerry so I'd connect the iPod with usb and the BlackBerry with the Bluetooth so I can receive calls .. but now I'm trying to do it all through the s3 .. I'm not a fan of the iPhone really that's why I didn't buy one

I tried changing the options but it didn't work .. I'll try that tutorial and hopefully it pays off

Thanx for the help chief .. much appreciated

Comment

think chief has got it. If I could I would've tested it myself as I got the same phone, but I got the navigation instead of USB..
              BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Comment

Fooda...the S3 will stream music over bluetooth AND make calls- all handled by the bluetooth system. To listen to music after your device is paired just tap the source button to bluetooth and your music will start via APoolo on your S3 unless you have an alternative player. IF you get a call the music fades out and the call rings.

Comment

Was thinking about getting an s3, Bluetooth streaming has pretty poor quality on mine though, don't ever use it
                  61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
                  V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

Quality is fine, runs the a2dp stereo headset profile for streaming audio. You won't ever get the same quality as high bitrate mp3's played direct but that's because it's braodcast of radio frequencies, quality will be as good as an FM radio broadcast

Comment

Chief, so would I, with the nav system, be able to connect my phone (s3) through bluetooth (for handsfree calling) and use it to stream music??
                      *heads out to car to test...*

Edit; Nope, can't get it to work..
                      Last edited by Raain; 10-08-2012, 16:49.

Comment

Exactly- just tap the input to bluetooth and your music should autoplay, when a call comes in it will pause the song and take the call

You have to pair the devices first-s3- setting- bluetooth- make device visible. Then on the car- bluetooth- search for devices. Once paired they should connect automatically each time

Comment

Originally posted by Raain View Post
                          Chief, so would I, with the nav system, be able to connect my phone (s3) through bluetooth (for handsfree calling) and use it to stream music??
                          *heads out to car to test...*

Edit; Nope, can't get it to work..
                          I'm not 100% certain but I seem to remember that music streaming via bluetooth doesn't work without a software update for the satnav unit. I'm sure Bigfeet will correct this if I'm wrong
                          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I thought you were using your phone for satnav as well like I do. Your standalone satnav most likely uses the media streaming profile to talk through the car. If that's the case then you won't be able to stream music but it should still connect for hands free.

Unless you're using the myway factory satnav? Then it should connect fine.

Comment

I'm using the myway satnav. When having my phone connected through bluetooth I can't set it to stream music through bluetooth aswell.
                              It has been a couple of months since my nav has been updated though...

Comment

Working...
                              X