Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can the AUX pot be changed to an USB port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the AUX pot be changed to an USB port?

hi just got a DS3 with a AUX port and wondered if it is possible to change it with a USB port. i thought about just changing the CD player but the menus on the standard CD player wont work like the daytime running lights. so can anybody give me some help please?
    Last edited by DS311; 23-09-2012, 17:01.

Welcome by the way.

In regards to the USB port, technically you can but the cost is ridiculous to consider. Some members on here have fitted other radios and have got some sort of control box to allow them to use the function menus.

I would suggest having a look in the relevant sections or having a search using the search function.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

The genuine USB connector box is best, as it allows you to use steering column audio controls and the stereo information screen.
      Last edited by thebooge; 08-11-2012, 14:57.

Comment

I would opt for the genuine USB Box. It takes about an hour to fit but is easy to do. It has to be enabled by a dealer which might cost £40-£50 unless you know someone with the Lexia software. Just a word of advice though. In my experience most dealers are not really clued up to activating the box. There are two parts. 1) they need to activate the CD Changer item as present in the radio section and 2) they need to activate the presence of CD changer in the display screen section. It was the latter which my dealer didn't do and consequently there was no info on the central screen and the USB box only worked as a CD changer where you could only access the first 5 playlists on an iPod or the 1st 5 folders if using a USB memory stick. If they do the job properly then this limitation disappears where you can access playlist, artists, album songs etc when using an iPod. I have to say that from experience the USB box is best suited to using with an iPod or iPhone. I have tried the USB stick option but I have found a number of problems. The ID3 tags have to be just right as this stops you choosing a specific track when you have scrolled to a particular album. Several times the device stalls necessitating switching the radio off and on to get it to work. I am not sure whether this is due to the USB stick or the USB box itself. I have now gone with the option of putting a 2nd hand iPod Classic in the glove box permanently. With 30GB this pretty well hold all my tunes!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidDS3 View Post
          I would opt for the genuine USB Box. It takes about an hour to fit but is easy to do. It has to be enabled by a dealer which might cost £40-£50 unless you know someone with the Lexia software. Just a word of advice though. In my experience most dealers are not really clued up to activating the box. There are two parts. 1) they need to activate the CD Changer item as present in the radio section and 2) they need to activate the presence of CD changer in the display screen section. It was the latter which my dealer didn't do and consequently there was no info on the central screen and the USB box only worked as a CD changer where you could only access the first 5 playlists on an iPod or the 1st 5 folders if using a USB memory stick. If they do the job properly then this limitation disappears where you can access playlist, artists, album songs etc when using an iPod. I have to say that from experience the USB box is best suited to using with an iPod or iPhone. I have tried the USB stick option but I have found a number of problems. The ID3 tags have to be just right as this stops you choosing a specific track when you have scrolled to a particular album. Several times the device stalls necessitating switching the radio off and on to get it to work. I am not sure whether this is due to the USB stick or the USB box itself. I have now gone with the option of putting a 2nd hand iPod Classic in the glove box permanently. With 30GB this pretty well hold all my tunes!
          Seriously is this right? i have the box fitted and i dont currently have more than a basic view and 5 basics folder. This would be aswesome!!! so do i need to take my back to the dealers to have them correct the problem?

Comment

Yep! I speak from personal experience!! My local dealer activated the USB Box via Lexia in the Radio Configuration where you are asked is a CD changer or USB Box present?. When I queried the issue regarding the display I was fobbed off with "the display isn't compatible". I spent my €5 on the service.citroen.com website and downloaded stuff relating to the installation and configuration of USB boxes and this is where I found that the display has to be configured as well. Again the display has to be configured with CD Changer option as being present. Rather than going back to my original dealer, I found an approved Citroen repairer showed him the documents and hey ho 5 minutes job done. I am not sure whether I can attach the pdfs on this forum, but if you want to PM your email address I'll send you the appropriate files for you to look at. The only thing you have to do to switch from the CD changer type operation i.e where you press buttons 1 -5 to access the playlists/folders on a USB stick, is to press the TA/PTY button on the radio for a few seconds then scroll down to "Documents". The display will switch to CD4 and you will be able to select playlists etc by pressing button 1 on the radio and then scroll down either with the up/down arrows on the radio or using the roller wheel on the column control to find a particular playlist/album etc. I have to say that the user interface with the basic Type "A" screen isn't that brilliant but at least you will have more functionality than you are currently experiencing.

Comment

Fantastic! i have pm'd my email address

Comment

Originally posted by DavidDS3 View Post
                Yep! I speak from personal experience!! My local dealer activated the USB Box via Lexia in the Radio Configuration where you are asked is a CD changer or USB Box present?. When I queried the issue regarding the display I was fobbed off with "the display isn't compatible". I spent my €5 on the service.citroen.com website and downloaded stuff relating to the installation and configuration of USB boxes and this is where I found that the display has to be configured as well. Again the display has to be configured with CD Changer option as being present. Rather than going back to my original dealer, I found an approved Citroen repairer showed him the documents and hey ho 5 minutes job done. I am not sure whether I can attach the pdfs on this forum, but if you want to PM your email address I'll send you the appropriate files for you to look at. The only thing you have to do to switch from the CD changer type operation i.e where you press buttons 1 -5 to access the playlists/folders on a USB stick, is to press the TA/PTY button on the radio for a few seconds then scroll down to "Documents". The display will switch to CD4 and you will be able to select playlists etc by pressing button 1 on the radio and then scroll down either with the up/down arrows on the radio or using the roller wheel on the column control to find a particular playlist/album etc. I have to say that the user interface with the basic Type "A" screen isn't that brilliant but at least you will have more functionality than you are currently experiencing.
                Hi David! We're talking about the normal MyWay right? Not the eMyWay? Cause what you say sounds GREAT!

Could you please email me the info? Cause whn it really works, I'm gonna buy a USB bos ASAP

Comment

Sorry If I have misled anyone or raised hopes. I have been talking about my experiences with the a DS3 DStyle + which is fitted with a Type"A" display. I have had some direct contact with Fuds who has a DS3 Racing who may be able to enlighten those with superior models (!) on the compatibility/functionality. I have done a bit of research and it looks as though you will NOT get track names etc on your display. The "official" Citroen USB box is compatible with MyWay or at least according to the technical doc I found on the the service.citroen.com website. The ROM on the USB Box needs upgrading to 3.04, which straight forward to do. If anyone wants the ROM upgrade and the associated info then PM with a contact email and I'll send it as I don't think I can post them on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X