Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all! NooB with iphone questions!

:rolleyes:

Hi people. I got my DS3 delivered on Tuesday and I do love it but there's two things that I can't get it to do.

I can press the refresh list to give me a list of all artists but don't know how to play playlists or albums. I have been told to hold down the list button but nothing is happening. Can you only search/play by artist? And the 2nd question is,

how do I get Siri to work?

I am plugging the iphone in via the cable to get the better sound quality.

I think you can only play songs through the artist, if you want a certain playlist to be played I recommend hooking up the Bluetooth and playing that playlist through your phone and Siri I just think you do the usual as you would for your phone, countless times my Siri has popped up during driving I'm not sure I will have a proper fiddle around later on for you
    DSign - Black on Red spotted roof see me around Wales give us a flash!

Comment

Many thanks!

fast response! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobbie View Post
        Many thanks!

fast response! Thank you.
        Haha anytime! I had a few problems setting up my Bluetooth so if you have a few problems with it just give me a shout, you can still plug your phone in and use the Bluetooth connection to play music too but you'll find if you're listening to it through the cable and you're still connected it won't play any sound
        DSign - Black on Red spotted roof see me around Wales give us a flash!

Comment

I have now found out that if you press escape to the front screen and then hold down on the lists button, you can then change from Artist to playlist. Muuuuch better!! apart from some of my playlists don't actually have music in them?!? Another prob to solve!

I've tried to use Siri.... It thinks I'm saying something completely different. I think I'll leave Siri :/

Comment

I picked up my dsport on sat, I have an iphone5.
            It took me a while to sort out a Bluetooth connection but now that I am connected, I play my music (spotify) through the Bluetooth and the sound quality is awesome.
            I've not tried the USB/aux yet.
            Each time I get into the car, my phone automatically connects with the hi-fi and away I go. The stereo displays track & artist info and I can skip tunes via steering stalk.
            It's mint dude.

Comment

For anyone who reads this in the future, If you want to search by Playlist or change to Artist etc:-

ESC ( Escape ) to the main screen,
              Hold the LIST button for 2 - 3 seconds,
              Toggle your choice,
              Press OK,
              Press OK again to confirm.

If you did it right then a list of your playlists should appear

Comment

Hi there I have the iPhone 5 and I have done it this way play music with the aux port and connect with Bluetooth for Siri , the sound is first rate and you still used Siri ok

Comment

I must be right ancient
                  Have had iphones since the first one- and never downloaded a track yet! Sad eh?
                  CDs are my thing. Never used the USB Port yet
                  Usually just keep the window down and listen to the exhaust- even better in tunnels Sadder eh?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Has anyone had an success with Siri? I'm using my iPhone 5 and holding the home button down to trigger it. The car goes into bluetooth call mode but siri rarely picks up my voice.

Sometimes it shows a level but the delay in the connection seems to confuse siri. So far i've never got it to work. Be great if it would so I can at least change music or call people handsfree.

Comment

Working...
                    X