Stereo locked in phone mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo locked in phone mode

Hi has anyone had problems with Stereo getting hung up? 3 times now when hanging up a phone call by pressing the correct stalk switch, the stereo gets hung up and won't do anything. It still display the phone name that I have hung up and none of the stereo buttons work. Won't play any radio, cd etc as stereo seems to locked. Can't even turn stereo off. Car is parked on my drive now still displaying that it is connected to the call. I have turned phone off, gone through bluetooth menu and cancelled call in the menu but it doesn't do anything. Any DIY advice to un-hang it up? Cheers
    Last edited by Nigelu2; 28-11-2012, 19:38. Reason: spelling

Have to say I've not heard of this problem before where the stereo gets locked out like you have described, my suggestion would be to hard reset the car by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes and see if that sorts the stereo out.

On a side note what phone are you using?
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've had this twice so far in just under a year, couldn't get it to switch even by switching the car off initially but then it sorted itself out after a while
      61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
      V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

had it once fixed by dialling someone (answerphone) hung up and back to normal

Comment

Thanks for feedback. Phone is iPhone 4s. it has happened 3 times over the last 6 months (so not the biggest issue) but the only way it rectifies itself is after a couple of hours of car being turned off then it sorts its self out by powering itself down. Only pain is if on long drive when it happens it kills the stereo.

Comment

iPhone 4S as well that I've had the problems with, could be something to with the shit Bluetooth they have
            61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
            V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

I used to have an iPhone 4S, now got an iPhone 5, not had any problems with either connecting / playing music or making / receiving calls.

If you can't sort it with Bigfeets suggestions, might be worth getting your phone replaced. If you get an appointment at an Apple store and complain it's dropping out, they should replace it there and then (if it's in warranty).
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

So if I'm reading this right it looks like to be an issue with iPhone 4s rather then the car.

Anyone else had this problem without an iPhone 4s?

Comment

I've had this several times with a HTC Sensation...

As above, making another call usually solves the issue...

Comment

yes mines a htc desire s

Comment

I've had this quite a lot with a 4S, it regularly freezes up for a few mins and sometimes have to disconnect the battery. Also after a call when I have the radio on it displays the name of the station that was on before I made the call but is either a different station or an annoying crackling noise. I have to press the preset button of the station I was already on to listen to it again. Does anyone else get that?

My local dealer have replaced everything they said they could and its still doing it, they suggested the issue is with my phone.

Comment

The wifes' DS does this sometimes, Citroen don't know what the problem is. Ours disconnects the phone and get stuck on the radio. Nothing works to resolve it but it usually is working again by the next day. Has done it with both a HTC and Sony Xperia so doesn't seem to be phone related for us.

When it next goes in for a service hopefully they'll have a better idea by then.

Comment

I've had the same problem on my two week old dsport+ with a galaxy s3! It reset itself after the car had been locked up for about 20 mins

Comment

Looking at this thread my guess now is that it's more likely to be a software issue than anything else. The problem mainly is that mobile tech is leaping forward faster than the manufacturers can keep up with so it may end up being one of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              Looking at this thread my guess now is that it's more likely to be a software issue than anything else. The problem mainly is that mobile tech is leaping forward faster than the manufacturers can keep up with so it may end up being one of those things.
                              I would guess it's worth checking with dealer to make sure the radio firmware is up to date?
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X