Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermakret Sub Dstyle without HIFI upgrade

Hi All,

I have been speaking with Tommy95 who has helped me try to find the wire in the boot that would fit the Citroen Sub (Thanks again fro all your help mate!) but I do not have this wire as they must have taken it out.

I just wanted to see if I can setup my sub with built in amp through the standard HU as I am on a 3 year lease deal and I don't want to void any warranties!

Thanks

Without the HiFi ? Nope...

Only if you were to install an aftermarket head unit

Comment

Short answer yes if you know what you doing. I did it on my old 207 GTI and HDI using the standard headunit which is the same headunit has the DS3. you use the same wire's that tom has used in the boot but behind the headunit only thing different is I don't think there's a good enough live for the sub you'll after take it from the fuse box or better still run a cable direct to battery. You'll all so be better buying a autolead harness to go between the headunit and the wiring harness so your not cutting the cars harness to connect your remote and speaker wires.
      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Cheers Tez im going to get the HU out this weekend and see what I can do.

Comment

Part A
          Pin 1: Right Rear audio +
          Pin 2: audio Right front +
          Pin 3: audio Left front +
          Pin 4: Left Rear audio +
          Pin 5: Right Rear audio -
          Pin 6: Right front audio -
          Pin 7: audio front Left -
          Pin 8: audio Rear Left -
          ___ (contacts 1 to 8 - is the amplifier output power, the dynamics)
          Pin 9: Not used
          Pin 10: data CAN High
          Pin 11: +12 v switched remote - the signal output to activate external devices (amp)
          Pin 12: battery +12 volt powered radio
          Pin 13: CAN data low
          Pin 14: external mute - input signal to mute the music, such as the handsfree
          Pin 15: Not used
          Pin 16: ground - "mass" of the unit,

Part B
          Pin 1: audio right AUX 2
          Pin 2: audio ground AUX 2
          Pin 3: Not used
          Pin 4: audio right AUX 1 - right channel AUX input
          Pin 5: Not used
          Pin 6: Not used
          Pin 7: audio left AUX 2
          Pin 8: Not used
          Pin 9: Not used (microphone)
          Pin 10: audio left AUX 1 - left channel AUX input
          Pin 11: audio ground AUX 1 - "earth" AUX input
          Pin 12: Not used

This is a wiring on a 207 stereo which should be the same
          Attached Files
          2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Cheers Tez! Getting it out tomorrow so wish me luck! Ill let you know how I got on

Comment

Ye decided to just give up and sell my sub! To much hassle to be getting it all out when the car needs to be serviced and everything. Thanks for all your help though .

Comment

Working...
              X