Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Navigation retrofit

Hi all.
    I've been searching the forums for a navigation retrofit option on the ds3?

As far as I can tell so far, it's a new dash panel from Citroen and a standalone system that fits into the dash opening as a standalone touchscreen screen.

Does anybody have any more info or websites etc??

Thanks a lot.

As I understand it would be a LOT more expensive to retro-fit the MyWay or eMyWay systems. Check BigFeets post here.

I got this TomTom from Amazon last year and it's been great.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi.
      Yes that's what I thought.
      To use the original citroen dash panel with the screen opening and use a standalone GPS navigation unit.

I use a similar system in our 1 series and I also have had one fitted in my mk7 Transit for 4 years now.

The units have everything built In, touchscreen.

Does anybody have any links to a company that supplies the units?

Comment

Whilst having the centre display replaced with the pukka sat nav screen sounds great it is prohibitively expensive as noted earlier. I wanted a system which didn't have wires trailing everywhere so opted for a semi-integrated system. I have a Garmin Nuvi and went for this https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=88088. It is available as a Citroen accessory but not in the UK for double the price. It takes about half an hour to fit on the triangular panel on the top of the dash. Unfortunately if you have a hi-fi system with a centre speaker then you cannot fit it there. I have a suspicion that you might be able to fit it to the "A" pillar trim. If anyone would like the Citroen fitting guide, you can PM me and I'll send the pdf.

Comment

have a look at this thread
          http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ghlight=navinc
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Worksvan View Post
            I use a similar system in our 1 series and I also have had one fitted in my mk7 Transit for 4 years now.

The units have everything built In, touchscreen.

Does anybody have any links to a company that supplies the units?
            I'm not sure what sat-nav units you mean. If you've used them in previous vehicles, can you not check them?

If you need the MyWay/eMyWay dash replacement you can contact Ross:

Telephone: 01292 280028
            Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk

Originally posted by DavidDS3 View Post
            I wanted a system which didn't have wires trailing everywhere
            I've run my wire from the cigarette lighter, under the drivers mat, tucked under the trim, then up behind the dash (right by the dash pillar). It tucks between the dash and the door out of sight when not needed, easy to use to connect my TomTom when it is.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Cyclone

Just what I needed.

Comment

Your welcome.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

check this link : http://www.navinc.nl/Home?act=read&id=13

Comment

I have this unit in my DS3 currently. Although it is a fantastic idea there are few things to be aware of. Currently the time and date on the screen are always wrong and they are trying to come up with a software fix for it. If you have the Citroen bluetooth option you can no longer use it via the car . It has to be done via the new NAVINC.nl system and at the moment I have problems that it willnot receive and make calls via the system but I can only here the caller when the stereo is in AUX input mode. It has ipod input mode but mine isn't recognising when it is plugged in. They are saying it is a software issue and they are being very help full. The guy I have been contacting is Edwin and has been fantastic and really help full. The screen gives you access to the all the normal functions on a 7" screen. I just had to change the dash panel. Keep in mind if you have a Carmen Red dash you cannot get the 7" opening in that colour in RH drive and need to repaint it like I did. The system is slightly complicated to fit and you dont need to hack the car apart to fit it. It does need to be able to access the CAN-BUS system behind the headunit and the AUX Input in the centre console. I like the system just has been a bit frustrating trying to fix it and paying 1200 Euros for it. I also had a problem at first as they supplied me with a Dutch installation manual which was a challenge, especially when you dont understand Dutch. I have a reasonable idea how to wire the system but I dont think I am a genius and I have wired it alright so I think any one could do it. If you would like any info let me know. Check out the www.navinc.nl website.
                    Last edited by Skittso11; 27-01-2013, 07:36.

Comment

Working...
                    X