Connects2 iPod/iPhone connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connects2 iPod/iPhone connector

Hope someone here can help with this, I've been through nearly every relevant post and search but can't work it out.

I'm in the process of getting a Shark Grey/black roof 1.6 petrol Dstyle+ on 3 year finance (wanted Carmen roof but I'd have had to wait 8-10 weeks for it, and they couldn't have guaranteed the finance would be the same price).

The car won't have the HiFi upgrade, so basically I was looking at my options for connecting my iPhone 4S for music. For Christmas one year I got my dad a Connects2 adapter for his 05 Scenic. For those not familiar it's a small box that connects to the [unused] CD changer socket in the back of the standard head unit, with an iPod connector out the other side to feed out wherever you want it. Because it acted as a virtual CD changer the sound quality is as good as the speakers can make it as the sound is completely digital from the iPhone to the head unit, with zero noticeable loss of quality. The display shows something like CD 1/Track 1, CD 2/Track 1, etc., which doesn't matter because the iPhone is the display. Also the steering wheel controls still work to skip track, play/pause, etc.

Naturally I was looking at the same option for the new DS3 but I can't work out whether its possible. From what I've read on here there are a certain number of (expensive) options, some of which needed to be requested when ordering the car, or activated by a dealer. Also, it doesn't seem as simple as to whether the steering wheel controls would still be able to control the music (nothing fancy, just skip forward/back, pause, etc.).

However to me it just looks like a standard Peugeot/Citroen head unit, which means that the Connects2 device would just plug straight into the back as in my dad's car: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/17210.html.

So is it that simple, or am I missing something?

Hi,
    I have a DS3 in Australia. I think Citroen DS3's have no option for CD Changer. I have had the head unit out and there is no CD Changer plug in option on my stereo. In the one in the picture I think would plug into the Aux/USB ports in the centre console via a 3.5mm cable. It wouldn't give you access through steering wheel controls but you could play a playlist and skip music via you phone screen. If the car has Bluetooth you can stream music via the bluetooth function and you can use the steering wheel functions. It also displays songs on the screen.

I dont know of any other way.
    Last edited by Skittso11; 27-01-2013, 07:09.

Comment

No, that one in the picture is similar to the one I've fitted in the Scenic - it connects to the back of the head unit (on the Scenic this is through the CD changer port). I'm not sure then what it would connect to in the DS3 HU, but the Connects2 unit must connect to something. I just wasn't sure whether it was that simple seeing how involved it is fitting other non-standard USB connectors.

Comment

Working...
      X