• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NavInc Multimedia Navigation II

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have this:
    http://www.navinc.nl/webshop/multime...od-p-2194.html

I'm looking at getting a DS3, but I'd like a touch screen and I know the eMyWay system is clunky and difficult to navigate e.g. inputting an address.

My worry about the NavInc product is that most of the steering controls may no longer work?

I have this system and so far have had problems with the bluetooth that wont pick up a incoming call and switch to bluetooth to answer. It also wont pick up when I have put the ipod in the ipod cable. Apart from that it is a good system. It still gives you access to all steering controls and they function normally. Also as I am not part of the EU, I wasn't able to access maps for the navigation and are still trying to source them. If you are fitting this yourself it is reasonally easy as long as you have some experience in fitting stereo systems. When I first went to fit it I had a few problems as the install manual was in dutch and as I dont speak dutch trying to translate was a problem. They now have a english version that makes it easier. Edwin from Navinc is really helpfull and will bendover backwards to help so I recommend the company highly. One other problem is you cannot stream music via the bluetooth connection because it doesnt have that function. If you need any more info let me know.

Comment

Hi Skittso11,
      Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if the bluetooth issue is a problem with the NavInc system of specific the NavInc and your particular phone?
      I've fitted many stereos over the years so hopefully, with English instructions I'll be okay

Is the original Citroen headunit needed at all then? I guess mainly for the CD player?

I'm guessing I'd need to get the dash trim meant for the eMyWay system. From what I've seen its £180 from Citroen. Ouch! Mind you, the cost of the NavInc system itself is very steep as you can get similar systems for Ford for a third of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by flemmo View Post
        Mind you, the cost of the NavInc system itself is very steep as you can get similar systems for Ford for a third of the price.
        1/3 the price would be 360 pounds for a built in 7in touch screen multi media nav sys?........... You should Get that instead.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          1/3 the price would be 360 pounds for a built in 7in touch screen multi media nav sys?........... You should Get that instead.
          Like I say, its a Ford unit, but in terms of features and spec its pretty much the same:
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVD-GPS-NA...item3a7d9eff17

Comment

Then its not really comparable if it doesn't FIT your Citroen. If so buy it instead.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X