Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone and/or iPad DS3 solutions

Hi all,

Seeing as we have the DStyle with the standard radio I'm now looking for a solution to mounting my iPhone and/or iPad in the car.

I've bought one of those micro charger thingumabobs today as well as an aux lead and can now connect my iPhone to the aux socket while charging but that leaves me with no control over the music (apart from volume) and it looks like to have the iPhone mounted where I'd be able to use it means having wires trailing everywhere.

Any suggestions? Has anyone any pictures of decent solutions that are fairly easy to implement?

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

i had the same problem as i have my iphone plugged in all the time. i got a smartphone flexible holder cheap, and stuck the suction plate it came with to the side of the centre console (passenger side). now the phone sits infront of the radio and i try and keep the cable tidy. might get some sticky fixings that let you cable tie the cable to anything it sticks to, we use them at work...i'll post a pic 2moz its too cold atm lol
    Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

Check out dsldevelopements web site as they sell the brodit range of holders and mounts. They do one that fits nicely without screwing or sticking to side of the gearbox centre console ;-)Well worth a look,

Mine turn up today and very happy without as the custom mount holds to the gaps on the trim - hence no scews or glue.
      Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Yeah those holders look like just what I'm looking for but can the iPhone/iPad be charged/connect to aux in anywhere else but the centre console so I can hide the wires?

Comment

i gave up on that holder stuck to the side on mine, that plate was bugging me abit lol. just gonna put it on the windscreen when i go on trips to training up north and back it'll be handy
          Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
            Yeah those holders look like just what I'm looking for but can the iPhone/iPad be charged/connect to aux in anywhere else but the centre console so I can hide the wires?
            You can remove the aux/jack plug and then plug it back in under the plastic by the hand brake ( you will be left with a hole though - unless you want the extension wires sticking out of it) and then buy a usb extension with a 3.5mm male to female adapter from maplins. Then hide the wires from the console to wherever you want so you have inputs elsewhere. You can also while your doing it add a cable off the cig adapter and take power to where you want. hope that helps ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
              You can remove the aux/jack plug and then plug it back in under the plastic by the hand brake ( you will be left with a hole though - unless you want the extension wires sticking out of it) and then buy a usb extension with a 3.5mm male to female adapter from maplins. Then hide the wires from the console to wherever you want so you have inputs elsewhere. You can also while your doing it add a cable off the cig adapter and take power to where you want. hope that helps ;-)
              I'm an accident and emergency nurse mate, come to me in cardiac arrest and I'll know what to do but I'd probs need someone to do all that for me. Any offers?

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                I'm an accident and emergency nurse mate, come to me in cardiac arrest and I'll know what to do but I'd probs need someone to do all that for me. Any offers?
                I work on cars and fit anything into cars and much better than my friend who is 'professional' fitter... I am based near worcester and i only charge hobby rates as my main job pays a lot more to do this full time ;-)

pm me if this is any good ie distance!? cheers, mark

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
                  I work on cars and fit anything into cars and much better than my friend who is 'professional' fitter...
                  I Can Confirm This !

Comment

Working...
                  X