active subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active subs

hi guys i been looking all over the forum and cant find anything that can help me. I am thinking of buying an active subs but i want them to connect to the car orgianal head unit is there a way i checked the car back to see if my car came with the sub but there is nothing and no wiring there so my question is can i rig it up to the orgianal headunit if so please can some one tell me how thanks.

Easier to install a new Head Unit and sub
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

I believe you can take a feed from the four rear speaker connections to connect something like a Pioneer active sub, as mine has wiring to have the option of speaker feed or phono lead feed.
      I just swapped my stereo for one with phono out sockets and jobs a good un.
      62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Dont bother iv'e tried connecting to the wiring to connect Rca adaptor & it sounds crap...Due to the hifi system which is amplified....This caused timing delays between active sub & factory fitted speakers.
        Much better fitting aftermarket stereo !!!.

Comment

Saw a large box thing bout 3 foot by 18inch at a bootsale today- limegreen/yellow huge speakers in a black box
          Assume that's a sub? Bassy sound to the music thing?
          Offered them a tenner and they larfed!
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yes it can be done very easy if you know what you are doing, I've done it in my DS3 and my last 2 207's with a vibe active sub. I no longer have it in my DS3 has I needed the boot space more and more and I couldn't really have my music has loud has I liked with GF's kids being in car more and more lol.
            I wouldn't bother with the RCA convertors, it's better if your active sub takes the high inputs.
            have a look behind the drivers side boot panel you might have the plug there that they use for the built in sub, if so it's a lot easier, you can take all the feeds from that or run a live to your batt and earth to a earthing point that's behind that panel and then just take your remote wire and signel feeds from the plug.
            2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

thanks mate i have had a look over the weekend and couldnt find anything for the subs at the back driver boot side so i think a jerry rig is in order

Comment

Working...
              X