Dab Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dab Radio

Ok had an Email off Citroen offering me £30.00 off a dab upgrade any one got any info..or is it the same thing you can get from Halfords

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-servi...es/offers/DAB/

This is the Halford's one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_265865
    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Have a read of MonkeyNuts thread, he has the DAB Radio from Citroen:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...b-Retro-Fitted
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Have a read of MonkeyNuts thread, he has the DAB Radio from Citroen:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...b-Retro-Fitted
      Sure have and not sure if I would have paid for it .....mine was a freebie ............its good having the extra channels and there are some good ones but not 250 quids worth of good.

Not sure if it was me but it never worked in Europe ??is there dab in France Germany Belgium ??

As for quality its a bit clearer but there are dead spots it does not work in some underground car parks where FM does ...........................but mine was free so it is tops
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
        Sure have and not sure if I would have paid for it .....mine was a freebie ............its good having the extra channels and there are some good ones but not 250 quids worth of good.

Worth it for £30 though?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post

Not sure if it was me but it never worked in Europe ??is there dab in France Germany Belgium ??

As for quality its a bit clearer but there are dead spots it does not work in some underground car parks where FM does ...........................but mine was free so it is tops
          from what i understand uk dab is really old version of the standard most of europe moved to dab+ which is supposed to be much better. dab+ can do dab but not the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by sted View Post
            from what i understand uk dab is really old version of the standard most of europe moved to dab+ which is supposed to be much better. dab+ can do dab but not the other way round
            Not really sure ?the display said no signal unless on the continent you have to tune it to a different frequency

Comment

Worth it for £30 though?
              I read it as £30 off rather than the upgrade for £30, based on what monkeynuts paid that would still be over £200
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                I read it as £30 off rather than the upgrade for £30, based on what monkeynuts paid that would still be over £200
                Ah! I read it wrong! My bad.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Ah! I read it wrong! My bad.
                  Yep only 30 quid off and TBH still not really worth the dosh

Comment

Are they still trying to get digital radio in the UK? I thought it was pretty much dead now?

Comment

Originally posted by icewolf View Post
                      Are they still trying to get digital radio in the UK? I thought it was pretty much dead now?
                      its still limping along and i believe all new cars after a certain date are supposed to be dab enabled to fudge the numbers more.
                      my opinion is that streaming will make it totally pointless but atm there arec few good stations but unlike tv there is no real need for digital

Comment

its still limping along and i believe all new cars after a certain date are supposed to be dab enabled to fudge the numbers more.
                        my opinion is that streaming will make it totally pointless but atm there arec few good stations but unlike tv there is no real need for digital
                        If anything I'd expect internet radio to be the next big thing.

As the majority of us are now connected to the internet 24/7 in one way or another this makes the most sense.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If anything I'd expect internet radio to be the next big thing.

As the majority of us are now connected to the internet 24/7 in one way or another this makes the most sense.
                          thats my theory even had absolute 80s app playing via car radio before now shame it wont do hq on 3g its wifi only

Comment

thats my theory even had absolute 80s app playing via car radio before now shame it wont do hq on 3g its wifi only
                            You could always purchase the DS3 Wifi pack from Citroen..

Basically just a tethering point that you insert a SIM card into so you can have a wifi point on the go.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I steam spotify all the time in my car...
                              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                              Third time around.
                              Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X