help before I buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help before I buy.

Hi All. Looking at either DS3 150 or diesel version.Drive approx 26K per yr (70% motorway).List of questions looking for help with;
    1.Are leather seats heated or just cold in morning ?
    2. Is bluetooth factory fit any good.?
    3. Is sat nav now able to take full postcode ?
    4. Is diesel powerfull enough or does it need remap ?
    5. Can sat nav be used on the move?
    6. Will sat nav play DVD's ?

Thx

I can give you my opinion on one or two points but it will only be one opinion.

I have leather seats and even at -7C this morning they did not feel cold. I believe all leather seats have heating elements in them but not connected unless you pay, someone else may confirm. I don't think they need heating - I love them.
    I have the 99g model which is probably the least powerful diesel yet I find it has plenty of power. The only thing about this model is that the gearing is a bit long. Still gets up to illegal speeds quite quickly even on a motorway. Remap would be fun yes but essential? I don't think so.

Welcome to the madhouse - other lunatics will be along soon.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by gris View Post
      Hi All. Looking at either DS3 150 or diesel version.Drive approx 26K per yr (70% motorway).List of questions looking for help with;
      1.Are leather seats heated or just cold in morning ?
      2. Is bluetooth factory fit any good.?
      3. Is sat nav now able to take full postcode ?
      4. Is diesel powerfull enough or does it need remap ?
      5. Can sat nav be used on the move?
      6. Will sat nav play DVD's ?

Thx
      1. You can get heated seats just make sure you mention to your dealer that you mention them as they aren't standard
      2. I don't have experience as I didn't take the option however reviews on here and elsewhere have all been good despite the initial teething issues.
      3. Not currently although it has already been raised to Citroen
      4. Most people on here have only had compliments for all the ranges apart from the 99 which has had a little criticism. Go with the petrol though
      5. Satnav can be used on the move although the knob can be a bit fiddly if you're trying to use it whilst driving too
      6. There's currently no DVD player built in as standard.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

1. I have the leather seats and although they are 'cool' they soon warm up. I don't have problem with them even with the recent weather.
        4. I have the 110 HDI with the 6-speed gear box and having come from a 1.4l petrol it's great. With your large number of motorway miles I'd go with the 110hp diesel. Will soak the miles up no problem at all.

Comment

Hi.
          Thx for quick, good replies.Regarding the sat nav- if I get car with it fitted and citroen upgrade to full postcode version, will mine upgrade ?
          What price now should a 150 petrol be available for, should i wait till new year ??

Rgds

Comment

With regards to price, it depends on how many extras you add. If you're looking at heated seats, satnav, etc.. You'll probly be looking at ~17k.

With regards to satnav, if they get it sorted it should just be a map update I guess so a download you can put on your SD card.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I too have the Leather seats -11 today but I was soon warm
              on the Dsport Bluetooth is standard and works fine with blackberry and Iphone 4
              I too have the 110 HDI, huge mileage first service in 4 months of ownership power is not a problem and still loads of fun to drive
              From what I have heard the sat nav is not worth the extra so I plumped for the City pack and use my own Tom Tom and I think you lose the USB if you have the sat nav?

Comment

Originally posted by floydy View Post
                I too have the Leather seats -11 today but I was soon warm
                on the Dsport Bluetooth is standard and works fine with blackberry and Iphone 4
                I too have the 110 HDI huge mileage first service in 4 months of ownership power is not a problem and still loads of fun to drive
                From what I have heard the sat nav is not worth the extra so I plumped for the City pack and use my own Tom Tom and I think you lose the USB if you have the sat nav?
                Just a note on the Bluetooth dude, it isn't standard on all DSports. Once again, it depends on what extras you go with.

Granted you lose the usb with satnav but I bought a cigarette lighter -> USB converter for £12 to make up for it.

Plus, the big screen in the middle of the dash looks so fucking fly :P
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

go with the 110 it will sit at 3figures and still get 50 to the gallon :-)
                  extra 2.5% vat after new year

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                    Like A G6 ?...

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Just a note on the Bluetooth dude, it isn't standard on all DSports. Once again, it depends on what extras you go with.

Granted you lose the usb with satnav but I bought a cigarette lighter -> USB converter for £12 to make up for it.

You cant regain the USB function except for the charging element, Imeant for Ipod Iphone or any mp3 music storage I use this all the time and would hate to lose it even though you can play music via bluetooth you lose the control function

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                        Like A G6 ?...
                        Flyer than a G6

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Oh dang !

Comment

lol.

1. Mine seem to be ok although thinking of adding the switch to it
                            2. yes
                            3. no
                            4. i have the 110 diesel and it blows the motorway
                            5. yes but remember to look up lol
                            6. no

Quick and easy hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X