Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E Way has lost satellites?

Good Evening All,

Iv'e got a 2012 Citroen DS3 with the My E way built in satnav. Yesterday whilst using navigation It suddenly lost communication with all satellites. Iv'e not been able to resolve this, the navigation system is showing 0 satellites and a BAD signal. Iv'e tried rebooting the unit but I still get the same issue, has anyone else come across this and is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks

Rich

Try resetting the system. It worked for me when that happened.
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

If reseting/rebooting the system or disconnecting the battery didn't help could be a loose connection or a bad receiver in the antenna base. Whatever it is at this point you should be booking it in at your dealer to fix under warranty
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Best bet is to disconnect the battery to allow the system a full reboot, leave it for about ten minutes before reconnecting.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi All,

Iv'e contacted the dealers as I dont want to do something silly and invalidate any warranty, the car is completely standard. It's booked in for Friday for a "Diagnostic Check" so lets see what they say. I assume there is no way to do a cold reboot of the unit other than disconnect the battery, As I can see the satnav remembers settings when the car is switched off? All ive tried is to hold down the power button, and to hold down the eject button to reboot the unit. 4

Have a good day everyone

Comment

Disconnecting the battery for 10 mins won't invalidate the warranty... I'd give that a go first to avoid the hassles of going to the dealer. Obviously your call though
            sigpic

Comment

Take it back under warranty- wouldn't start fiddling me

Just don't see the point if you've tried sorting it, and its under warranty
              Book it in and say you can only wait half hour. Try get there first thing- 8am ish that should help
              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-08-2013, 16:52. Reason: spell
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

If you do decide to try disconnecting the battery there isn't much you can do wrong..

The battery cover is located to the right of the engine bay under a cover that has a battery icon on it [+/-], prise off the cover and lift up the red lever till the loop is fully removed from the battery prong.

give it 10 seconds and then place the loop back over the prong and push the lever down (you'll have to lift the safety catch just under the red lever to do this).

5 minute job that could save you the hassle of leaving your car with Citroen for a few hours.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

As Biggie, Fish and I said already disconnecting the battery for 10mins won't invalidate the warranty but may fix the EWay, chances are Citroen will do this anyway so I'd give that a go before anything else

It's a bit like when you have to disconnect the Sky box for a minute or so when it freezes
                  sigpic

Comment

Good Evening Everyone,

If I could swear I would. Well I got bored so decided to disconnect the battery, I will say I like the quick release clamp for the positive terminal. So end result is my sat nav has now decided to pickup the satellites again and has started working! I guess that's saved me a trip to the dealers so thanks Guys!

Regards
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ritch_DS3 View Post
                      Good Evening Everyone,

If I could swear I would. Well I got bored so decided to disconnect the battery, I will say I like the quick release clamp for the positive terminal. So end result is my sat nav has now decided to pickup the satellites again and has started working! I guess that's saved me a trip to the dealers so thanks Guys!

Regards
                      Rich

Glad it's sorted.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'll just go stand in the corner then
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

BeefMasta,

Funnily enough I work in IT and loved the IT Crowd, It nearly made me change career.

Comment

IT Crowd is amazing !! ha ha

Glad it's sorted, I take the pee but turning it off and on again does work sometimes
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              I'll just go stand in the corner then
                              You do know the DS3 Dummies corner is in the round room...
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X