iPhone 5 caller display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 5 caller display

Hi has any heard any news regarding the on going issue with iPhones and the caller display, after a lot of reading around it seams that most the the older DS3's 2010/2011 seam to work fine where as mine is a 2013 DSport plus with the hifi system as below that I've had since June but still will not work. I've spoke to Citroen UK and there technical team are supposed to be working on a software update.
    Just out of interest has anyone got an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s with a 2013 model and there caller display works without issue?
    One more question the car is advertised with a Bluetooth connecting box, is this separate from the head unit and can be replaced or is it part of the head unit itself?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dodge321; 21-11-2013, 04:12.
    2013 DS3 DSport Plus 155 THP Cherry Red & Black Roof :cool:

It's not just iPhone 5's my 4s is also affected, my DS3 had a 6m check up last week and I mentioned the issue to the technician at the dealer, he called me back yesterday and confirmed Citroen are aware of it and the approx time it stopped working (which co-coincided with an iOS update for the phones).

I'm going back next week so that the Technician can collect evidence, they're going to take photos of both the display and the codes/serial numbers on the top of the stereo head unit to send to Citroen. It also affects DS4's so my dealer is doing the same with owners affected, hopefully we are making progress now
    sigpic

Comment

I've got a 5 and a 5S and neither of mine have this issue ? I have a DStyle with the optional HiFi

Comment

What year is your DStyle Zack ? It seems it's the new DS3 models that now have this issue
        sigpic

Comment

2010 (60 plate) dude

Comment

I think it's the later 2012 models onwards that seem to have the issue with non display of caller display mate
            sigpic

Comment

It's going to be a software issue, all I can say is be patience and Citroen will get something sorted out.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yep that's what I was told too Biggie
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies and I see I'm not on my own with this problem and that it does seem to be the later model DS3's.
                  would it be worth asking the dealership if its possible to swap out the head from an older DS3 and see if that helps?
                  Also I asked about the Bluetooth connecting box being a separate part from the head unit can anyone confirm if this is the case or all just contained in the head unit ?
                  Thanks guys

Comment

Changing the head most likely won't do anything to help as the software is on the connecting box, which is a separate item behind the dashboard.

Comment

So in theory they could change the connecting box but if they change it to a new one it would just have the same issues.
                      Really I would need an older unit which they probably don't have lying around on the parts shelf.
                      Thanks Biggie

Comment

Or just wait until the software fix is out....

Comment

It seems a bit daft but if they've got software that works on DS3's up to 2012 and then from then the software doesn't work it seems funny that they don't use the software they've already got and works instead of waiting for a new software update....
                          Just a thought

Comment

Most likely that the older DS3's are running an older software version as well. The Bluetooth update is only done on request with most dealers.

That said there is no guarantee that the older software versions work for other makes of mobile either.

If I was to be honest with you the fact that the caller ID is not working is a rather moot point, as long as you can make and receive calls then the Bluetooth is working as it should. Older set-ups never even displayed the number that was calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              Most likely that the older DS3's are running an older software version as well. The Bluetooth update is only done on request with most dealers.

That said there is no guarantee that the older software versions work for other makes of mobile either.

If I was to be honest with you the fact that the caller ID is not working is a rather moot point, as long as you can make and receive calls then the Bluetooth is working as it should. Older set-ups never even displayed the number that was calling.
                              Bluetooth systems in other cars have a fully functioning caller ID. If you were on your mobile phone in the street, you'd be able to see who's calling, so therefore that function should really be working correctly. Hopefully a software update will rectify this issue as it can be a little bit annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X