DSport+ Hifi sounds rubbish with iPod and Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSport+ Hifi sounds rubbish with iPod and Bluetooth

So I took delivery of my new DSport Plus last week and have been quite disappointed with the stereo (didn't go for the MyWay).

Firstly, Bluetooth audio streaming sounds terrible - everything sounds a bit distorted regardless of the volume on my phone (Nexus 4) and on the unit itself. I also have the loudness, dynamic volume and EQ settings all set to off.

Second problem, which makes me think I have a faulty unit, is that with an iPod Classic connected (one of the newer ones) via USB I get a lot of hisses, crackles and pops immediately after a track change, but only after it's been on for 30 minutes or more - it sounds more like listening to an old 12" rather than reasonable quality digital files! At one point the other night, it sounded like I was listening to a detuned radio, but my iPod! CDs and FM seems OK though. The same iPod and cable work flawlessly in my VW Golf.

Third issue is that I can't see any way to browse the iPod by Album, only Artist and Genre. Super annoying for things like compilations and what have you. Is that a known limitation or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

might be worth getting the dealer to check the software on the headunit. it may need updated.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....Connecting-Box
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Just discovered this: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....oise-skipping&

Sounds exactly like the problems I'm having!

Comment

Might be worth trying a different lead anyhow. i had issues with itunes the other week updating the ipod, it kept disconnecting from my PC. gave me all sorts of issues, and in the end i tried a different lead. low and behold never had any issue with it after that.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Hold down the music icon to be able to select between artist and albums.

Bluetooth by essence is not the best listening format for music so I wouldn't bother and as Toxic suggested try another lead to rule that out as well.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

When I first picked mine up (same model and HiFi system as yours) it seemed crackly via Bluetooth but has since improved vastly. I'm using an iPhone and it is since the most recent update that things have improved. Sounds really bright and punchy now.

Comment

Originally posted by benlanc View Post
              So I took delivery of my new DSport Plus last week and have been quite disappointed with the stereo (didn't go for the MyWay).

Firstly, Bluetooth audio streaming sounds terrible - everything sounds a bit distorted regardless of the volume on my phone (Nexus 4) and on the unit itself. I also have the loudness, dynamic volume and EQ settings all set to off.

Second problem, which makes me think I have a faulty unit, is that with an iPod Classic connected (one of the newer ones) via USB I get a lot of hisses, crackles and pops immediately after a track change, but only after it's been on for 30 minutes or more - it sounds more like listening to an old 12" rather than reasonable quality digital files! At one point the other night, it sounded like I was listening to a detuned radio, but my iPod! CDs and FM seems OK though. The same iPod and cable work flawlessly in my VW Golf.

Third issue is that I can't see any way to browse the iPod by Album, only Artist and Genre. Super annoying for things like compilations and what have you. Is that a known limitation or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
              Mines exactly the same although I'm using a I pop nano (new one) I get the crackling and static aswell. Can't say anything for the bluetooth as my phone doesn't work at all with it.

As for the browsing it is a bit rubbish as u can't just set it to listen to all tracks either.

I was under the impression that the Hi-Fi version comes with a mini sub aswell but I certainly can't hear it. I may well invest in an aftermarket one (if possible)

James

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same issue on my first DS3 DSport+, my iPod Touch sounded really crackly and hissy when connected via the white Apple cable. I tried another 4 that we had at home but same issue. I reported it to my dealer who were already looking at the head unit as it was freezing when I ended bluetooth telephone calls.

Citroen agreed to swap the head unit and once this was done I didn't have the crackly/popping sound anymore when using the iPod Touch.
                sigpic

Comment

Does this thread suggest its best not to pair up a phone to the system?
                  Just got an HTC and not sure to pair up or not
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    Does this thread suggest its best not to pair up a phone to the system?
                    Just got an HTC and not sure to pair up or not
                    Depends..

If you want to use your phone with your car then I'd definitely recommend pairing the two..
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

My 2012 Dsport Plus is the same with the Hifi System. Can't use it with the phone or Mp3 without hissing/popping noises.
                      Does the head unit need to be replaced or is it just needing a software update?

Comment

Well, in my experience the issue only went away when the local dealer was authorised to replace the head unit by Citroen. You could take yours into your dealer and see if they can update the software ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X