Is it worth even bothering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth even bothering?

I have a Sony CDX-GT500, it's a fair few years old. I got it for my 21st birthday, and it was only in the car i had then for a year or two before i bought a new car. Somehow i misplaced the main body unit and the face unit separately so never installed it in my next car. However i've found both parts now and was thinking about installing it in my DS3.
    Is it even worth it? is the unit in the DS3 better/worse than the GT500? Plus if i install it, can i do it keeping the use of the steering wheel controls, parking sensors, bluetooth, etc?

wheel with appropriate adapter probably, bluetooth no, park no idea but i suspect yes

Comment

The stereo in the DSport+ is v good, if you have the same in a racing (expect you would) I wouldn't change it...
      sigpic

Comment

Great sound from the hifi system!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Mate,

You can install it and get the steering wheel control & parking sensor tones working, but not the Bluetooth.
          Connects2 make an interface that'll do it, CTSCT008 (approx £75 inc patch lead)
          Plus you'll need the aerial adaptor at £5 ish.

HTH
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by PX54 View Post
            Is it even worth it?
            Not really. No
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I get a strange buzz come through the speakers intermittently. It's really strange, it's doesn't drown out the radio, CD, etc but can still be heard even with the player switched off. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's always there for the entire journey (i.e. it could start partway through the journey, but not stop part way through - it will remain until the car's been off for a while, although sometimes its still there when the car's switched back on and I've not used it for a day or so)
              The noise changes pitch with the revs too, the higher the revs the higher the pitch.

I've taken it to the garage, but they say they can't do anything unless it's actually occurring when i bring it in.
              I'm wondering if it's simply a cable touching somewhere it shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by PX54 View Post
                I get a strange buzz come through the speakers intermittently. It's really strange, it's doesn't drown out the radio, CD, etc but can still be heard even with the player switched off. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's always there for the entire journey (i.e. it could start partway through the journey, but not stop part way through - it will remain until the car's been off for a while, although sometimes its still there when the car's switched back on and I've not used it for a day or so)
                The noise changes pitch with the revs too, the higher the revs the higher the pitch.

I've taken it to the garage, but they say they can't do anything unless it's actually occurring when i bring it in.
                I'm wondering if it's simply a cable touching somewhere it shouldn't be.
                Have a read of the thread here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ht=earth+cable

Edit: Look for the second video that WTF posted.

Common cause is due to an earth cable not being grounded. Advise your dealer there is an "info rapide" available for the issue and they should be able to help
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

cheers, that does sound like the same thing. I'll have it checked.

Comment

Working...
                  X