Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Microphone Volume

Hello!

Had a few people comment I am very quiet on my hands free through the car.

Has anyone else had this issue? I can't see away to turn the mic volume up anywhere. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mmm I've not had any complaints, it's not easy to move closer to the mic and drive safely is it ? Perhaps you could ask for it to be looked at by the dealer ?
    sigpic

Comment

I've had this comment from my wife as well. On cars I've had in the past the microphone was located to the right of the driver in the roof which tended to put it fairly close, in the case of the DS3 it's in the centre and further forward meaning it doesn't seem to pick up as well. The only thing you can do is direct you voice more towards the mirror on the windscreen , the microphone being in front of the mirror it seems to work better that way.
      DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Mmm tested with a voice recorder via bluetooth to see how quiet it actually was and yeah its really poor! It doesn't really make a difference if you talk at it and even when your talking loud it's only what you would expect normally. Maybe even a touch softer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have just bought a ds3 and had the same complaint that the volume is very low , is there anyway to adjust the volume ?

Cheers Phil

Comment

You can adjust the in call volume of the caller by just using the radio controls.

As for the mic there is no adjustment for the receiver, the only thing is from my years in the trade is that people can cause a problem themselves when cleaning the car. What can happen is that the mic holes get covered with wiped dust or spray cleaner gets squirted at the mic causing a gum like surface which will reduce the effectiveness of the mic itself. Had a look and see if there is indeed dirt or muck covering the holes.

Obviously I take it that you are speaking in a higher than normal voice when taking calls?
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              You can adjust the in call volume of the caller by just using the radio controls.

As for the mic there is no adjustment for the receiver, the only thing is from my years in the trade is that people can cause a problem themselves when cleaning the car. What can happen is that the mic holes get covered with wiped dust or spray cleaner gets squirted at the mic causing a gum like surface which will reduce the effectiveness of the mic itself. Had a look and see if there is indeed dirt or muck covering the holes.

Obviously I take it that you are speaking in a higher than normal voice when taking calls?
              I will have a look and clean around the microphone area just to rule it out, and yes i have to talk loud to get heard, my phone is a LG Nexus 5 and i have checked all the setings on my phone , i will also try the delete phone and re-install just to rule that out

Phil

Comment

Should try talking on hands free to another person in a DS3 on hands free!!

Liam and I did this once I believe. Then never again.
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Should try talking on hands free to another person in a DS3 on hands free!!

Liam and I did this once I believe. Then never again.
                  I think that would be classed as "Crossing the streams"
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                  X