Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Touch bluetooth connection on MyWay

Hi guys

Have'nt got my car yet, so was wondering can an ipod Touch (4th gen) play music on the MyWay City Signature using Bluetooth?
    I also gather you don't get a USB connection (WHY?). I suppose I could use the AUX input but i would much rather use Bluetooth (a lot neater, no cables).

Can anyone let me know? Apologies if this has been covered already.

Cheers Paul

Just Guessing Here But Im Thinking That The Bluetooth Set Up Will Be The Same As On All DS3s + The iPod Touch Would Have The Same Bluetooth Set Up As My iPhone 4...

So I'd Say It Would Work Fine Paul ?

Comment

Thanks T24CK T for your reply.

I guess i'll find out when i get my car. If not i'll just use the AUX, it's not a real problem.

Comment

No Probs Mate,

Yeah You Can Buy Short AUX Cables So It Shouln't Be Too Messy...

Comment

Correction... Your iPod will NOT be able to stream music via its bluetooth connection, T 24CK T's guess is wrong.

It is true that the standard radio unit will allow you to stream music and control your iPod iOS 4.1+ (or any A2DP and AVRCP compliant bluetooth device) via bluetooth.

Adding MyWay will effectively:
          (a) remove your USB port, and
          (b) remove your ability to stream music via bluetooth
          (c) remove your ability to control the iPod via the controls behind the steering wheel.

I've spoken with my dealer about this, he does not know if Citroen is planning to update MyWay in the DS3 to support streaming music. :mad:
          For comparison: the newer version eMyWay in the 2011 C4 does support it.

You can always use the AUX jack to connect the iPod to the car, but you will never be able to control the iPod via the car using the AUX jack.
          Effectively, adding MyWay severely gimps your audio possibilities. Unbelievable that Citroen opts for this!

Comment

^^^ Well He Just Blew Me Outa The Water...

:L

Comment

Hi Guys

Just spoke to the salesman who sold me the car about streaming music thru bluetooth and he seems pretty sure you can do it. Says he's done it with the iPhone. But he's gonna speak to Citroen UK tomorrow to comfirm.

I can't understand why you get less when you pay more, MyWay pack is'nt bloody cheap!

Should be interesting. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Woottonite View Post
                Hi Guys

Just spoke to the salesman who sold me the car about streaming music thru bluetooth and he seems pretty sure you can do it. Says he's done it with the iPhone. But he's gonna speak to Citroen UK tomorrow to comfirm.

I can't understand why you get less when you pay more, MyWay pack is'nt bloody cheap!

Should be interesting. Fingers crossed
                It's not possible bud. I agree, it's strange the fact you can sync your phone with bluetooth to make and receive calls but not use the same devices to play music through it but tbh, it's not that much extra hassle..
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                X