Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have the MyWay navigation installed later ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have the MyWay navigation installed later ??

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to have MyWay navigation installed later on in my car ??

The TAX on Car installed navigation here in DK are totaly insane, so i was thinking of having the navigation installed later when traveling to Poland this summer for a much cheaper price if it is possible.

I have the HiFi package installed allready.

Whats the price for the navigation in UK ??

I seriously doubt that its available as an aftermarket fitment, but maybe one of our better informed members, ie Bigfeet or John Nicol would know better. I certainly can't find sat nav as an accessory for the DS3

Comment

Get yourself an Android phone, iPhone or any phone with Google Maps on it, then you'll have yourself a free(ish) Sat-Nav!

Comment

Well the first thing you would need to change is the dashboard (about £180)!

To be honest the cost of trying to put OEM sat nav into a DS3 would be mentally expensive, it's not just the display unit (£850), but the airel cables, speed sensors, gyro unit, control unit on the comm, changing the stero (which costs £750 alone!), removing the USB plug (the satnav doesn't support it), changing the telephone box (different units), etc.

Pop along to your nearest shop and buy a Garmin ot TomTom.
        Last edited by Bigfeet; 07-01-2011, 11:59.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Well allready have both an iPhone 4 and TomTom GO1000 LIVE so its not that i in a need of a GPS, just thought i might wanted to go the whole way with my car Stereo

Strange the things don't match up like in VW, SEAT, SKODA and so on where MDF, RNS og 3rd. party brands fits with your factory installed equipment like bluetooth, USB ect.
          Well then i gues i just have to live with my factory installed HiFi unit.

Picture of my GPS installation taken with my iPhone 4 :

Last edited by Eiken; 07-01-2011, 12:03.

Comment

TOM TOM START uk roi and europe £104.00 inc vat not sure if this is a good price or not????

Comment

Originally posted by John Nicol View Post
              TOM TOM START uk roi and europe £104.00 inc vat not sure if this is a good price or not????
              Bought my Go 1000LIVE in Germany for £247 incl. 2years of live service.

Comment

It's true that just the dashboard itself is 180 euro's, and that's for just the bit of plastic. I'm planning on ordering my car next week but already decided to not go for the MyWay option, but I will be replacing the dash to build in a car pc in the glove box with sat nav etc. and a 7" touch screen in the dash.

I haven't added up the total cost, but it will probably be around the same, or hopefully less than 1000 euro's which is the extra cost for the MyWay navigation.

Looking forward to start a nice project page for that in a few months when the car arrives.

Comment

By the way, if you can find the Polish version of this leaflet/brochure: http://www.citroends3.nl/pdf/prijzen.pdf (in Dutch) you find the MyWay Navigation option on the second page for the 1.4 Chic at number 24. The price you for this as an extra is 1769 euro, but we need to pay an additional tax when buying a new car which makes this option to cost: € 2.590 in total.

Comment

got my tom tom start in white. matches the dash

Comment

In dk you end up with like £23-2800 for myway incl. Tax. So thats why it would be cheaper elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        Well the first thing you would need to change is the dashboard (about £180)!

To be honest the cost of trying to put OEM sat nav into a DS3 would be mentally expensive, it's not just the display unit (£850), but the airel cables, speed sensors, gyro unit, control unit on the comm, changing the stero (which costs £750 alone!), removing the USB plug (the satnav doesn't support it), changing the telephone box (different units), etc.

Pop along to your nearest shop and buy a Garmin ot TomTom.
                        bigfeet is that £180 for the whole dash bezel? and is that from citroen?

Comment

£180 is for the fasica part, i.e the coloured part of the dash.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

thats not a bad price because that part is huge. but even then any bodyshop would probably modify the old one to accept the screen for about £100 i think!

Comment

check this link: http://www.navinc.nl/Home?act=read&id=13

Comment

Working...
                              X