Stereo volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo volume

Hi, so this is bugging me for quite a while. I have noticed for quite a while, when i start the car first time in the day, that the output volume is lowered. So lets say when the stereo is in an okay mood i set it to 12 and its quite loud and the bass is banging. When its not in a good mood i have to put it to 19 and the bass is low. I have the hifi package. Usualy its low, then i go for a drive, turn the car off, then when i turn it back on it works okay. Im absolutely sure its not my imagination or my ears. Im suspecting this has to do something with power saving or battery. Does anybody have the same issue ? I havent see anybody else notice this.

Go into the music setting and turn off Automatic Volume.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

But isnt automatic volume just speed depentant volume control ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jero View Post
        But isnt automatic volume just speed depentant volume control ?
        The other thing it could be is the audio settings & volume etc are set independently for each source (radio, cd, USB etc).
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ill give both things a try in a few hours.

Comment

I tried it yesteday, i had the automatic volume turned off since before. I havent driven the car for 2 days, i started it and it had the volume issues. I drove for 20 miles, turned it off, went shopping, came back and it was working ok again.

Comment

I've only got the usual 'different-volumes-for-each-source', but that's obviously
              normal.
              My Auto Volume doesn't seem to do a lot anyway
              ....are you saying it's the BASS that's altering rather than the VOLUME??
              when the stereo is in an okay mood i set it to 12 and its quite loud and the bass is banging. When its not in a good mood i have to put it to 19 and the bass is low.
              Last edited by FatS; 30-03-2014, 08:13.
              :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by FatS View Post
                ....are you saying it's the BASS that's altering rather than the VOLUME??
                when the stereo is in an okay mood i set it to 12 and its quite loud and the bass is banging. When its not in a good mood i have to put it to 19 and the bass is low.
                If that's the problem it suggests that the loudness function is active.

Comment

Working...
                X