X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Changing Spark Plugs on a DS3 THP 155

OK Guys,

Here's a how too guide for changing spark plugs.

I thought I'd change my spark plugs out at just over 30k. Citroen recommend 40k but i wasnt waiting that long.

The factory standard plug is: NGK PLZKBR7A-G and an upgrade is available: ILZKBR7A-8G

Both types have a preset spark plug gap, you should not need to adjust, however best to check them with a Spark Plug Feeler Gauge.

Tools Needed:- Socket Wrench, Socket.

Time to change:- Approx 15mins.

The Best socket out there for the THP is the Laser (3681) 14mm Bi-Hex (8mm) 3/8"D - Halfords £12.99

This is a Deep/Magnetic socket so you can get at the plug very easily without any fuss.

Best time to do it is when the engine is cold, as you dont want to burn your fingers when handling hot plugs!

1. Open the bonnet and go to the top of the engine. look at your 4 leads that go into the "Coil Packs" these are directly connected to the Spark plugs.

2. Lift the front edge of the cover of the coil pack - it is hinged and the lead going in will move slightly to the front of the engine bay releasing the cable.

3. pull the cables clear of the coil pack.

4. using both hands, put on finger underneath the front lug of the coil pack and with the other hand grip the back of the coil pack. now pull upwards and twist and the same time. you will hear a "pop" sound as the rubber seal is released and the coil pack disconnects from the spark plug.

5. pull the coil pack out, and clean with a rag/tissue to remove any excess dirt.

6. insert your long Laser spark plug socket, by hand, onto the top of the spark plug making sure it is connected fully.

7. place the socket wrench on the top of the socket and in a anti clockwise motion unscrew the spark plug. once it is loose, disconnect the socket wrench and turn the socket by hand. remove he socket with the spark plug attached

8. remove old spark plug from socket, fit new spark plug into the socket. Insert socket into the spark plug hole carefully so not to damage/decrease the size of the spark plug gap on the tip of the plug. make sure socket is centered within the deep hole. once seated, turn clockwise by hand to avoid cross threading the spark plug. once it is hard to turn by hand, place the socket wrench back on and turn clockwise again approx 1/2-1/2 a turn.

As far as I know, no more that 18lb/ft, but then again i've always used my first method for Spark plugs.

9. once spark plug is tightened, press the coil pack back onto the spark plug and push hard to seal it into the hole. connect the cable back on the the coil pack, and closed over the clip to force the cable to connect in again.

10. Repeat for the other Spark plugs.

I checked my old plugs which seemed to be ok, no carbonisation on the tips at all. the gap on all the old plugs however was over 0.90mm. way to big for a clean spark.

Spark plugs are meant to be set by the manufacturer however they can be slightly out.

when i measured my new ones, they were all between 0.70mm and 0.73mm

BTW GSF parts are doing a % discount on all service part at present. I think it is due to run out very soon. I got

Enter GSF25 when ordering on thier web site. http://www.gsfcarparts.com/parts/#Service_Parts

Hope you find this guide of interest.
    Last edited by Toxic; 14-06-2014, 17:33.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

I have the eManualonline installed on my PC. The first instruction for changing the spark plugs is "Disconnect the Ancillary Battery" Presumably there is only ONE battery. I do not see this direction in any instructions for changing spark plugs. Ulucidation would be appreciated.

Comment

Too elucidate just about all the maintenance in the manual will start with disconnecting the Battery which is technically and a bit anachronistic an ancillary battery.

Really don't worry about it, although never hurts to be safe.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I’m looking to do this to my car but cannot see the photos on the thread saying this image is currently unavailable. If you could help much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Elliotttash View Post
          I’m looking to do this to my car but cannot see the photos on the thread saying this image is currently unavailable. If you could help much appreciated
          In French, but shows you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJfryGQbbo
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

There are many important things that you should do in your life. buy yelp reviews cheap They can make you feel great and make you feel good about yourself. You can also help others and make them happy. You may not be aware of it, but you can have a large number of supporters. It can also help you get through tough times and help you achieve success. There are many ways to help people in need. Just remember to do them kind. how companies secretly boost their glassdoor ratings Here are some ways that you can do them.

Comment

Your discussion topic's concept is undoubtedly captivating and have the potential to attract a vast audience. Great Work!
              Have you guys heard of Rice Purity Test? let me tell you its benefit.
              Some benefits of taking Rice Purity Test:
              • It helps to comprehend how experienced and young you are.
              • Check if your friends are involved in some forbidden activities and don't know what they are doing or taking life in the wrong direction, and more.
              What are you waiting for? Take the rice purity test now and get better understanding of you and your friends behavior.

Comment

Working...
              X