This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change radio screen from monochrome A. to monochrome C

I got a used screen from a dsport plus so that I know that all the features are enabled in unit if you buy a new unit it will need to be programmed by citroen .
    TOOLS NEEDED
    Tork bit

Plastic trim removal tools

There are several of these tools but I used this one has its easy to push in between the panels .

Start with removing the facia around the radio /heater controls start by pushing the trim tool in all corners to prise panel out the clips .

Ect. Till you can lift panel away I just twisted it around and moved it on to seat

Then do the same to dash panel

Do this all around the panel till you can lift it away with your hands
    When dash comes away compleat turn it over and disconnect the 2 wiring plugs

Looking at the radio display you will see a screw each side of display. Unscrew both of these screws note a the locating peg under each screw

Pull display off locating tabs and Turn display over to remove the wiring loom .

Here is pictures of the 2 displays top one is A screen bottom one is C screen

Then just connect wiring plug into c screen. And screw into dash and that's it . You should now have a screen that can get all 3 trips on etc and when radio is on you get rds txt .
    To rebuild dash reconnect both wiring plugs to switches . you will need to prise the clock surround up slightly so that the long dash panel fits under

Then tuck long panel under and aligning all the tabs carefully push panel into dash board

Do this all along the panel and then align radio Console and just push tabs in and that's it done

You will now have gone from a seem to c screen
    A screen

C Screen

I also added a Denison gateway pro bluetooth usb box to radio so I've got hands free mobile calling from radio with caller display on radio facia panel
    Last edited by MARK.A; 10-09-2014, 20:05.
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Clever clogs

Comment

Good guide Mark !

I'm sure there's a bunch of people itching to get this done !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Good guide Mark !

I'm sure there's a bunch of people itching to get this done !
        I already know off 2 people that want to do it
        its an easy mod and it only takes around 10 minutes to compleate but if adding the denison bluetooth usb box it's about an hour
        Last edited by MARK.A; 19-03-2015, 19:46.
        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Great guide, thanks mate
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

How to change radio screen from monochrome A. to monochrome C

Patrick Has kat got a screen yet if she don't mind that little scratch she can have it for free and l I can fit at expo if she wants it
            Last edited by MARK.A; 10-09-2014, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
              Patrick Has kat got a screen yet if she don't mind that little scratch she can have it for free and l I can fit at expo if she wants it
              Not got one yet, I'll let her know, cheers mate
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That'd be amazing, if you're sure that's ok?
                Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Awesome guide, thanks Mark
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

10/10 pal. Very helpful guide👍
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
                      That'd be amazing, if you're sure that's ok?
                      Yeah I'm sure no probs

Comment

Where did you get the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by scott_cairns View Post
                          Where did you get the screen?
                          From breakers yard but it must be out of a dsport plus so that all the options are enabled that's if your gonna had a bluetooth. System to radio

Comment

From breakers yard but it must be out of a dsport plus so that all the options are enabled that's if your gonna had a bluetooth. System to radio
                            Cheers looks really good and great guide aswell I'll look into it

Cheers [emoji106]

Comment

Yeah I'm sure no probs
                              Awesome, thank you!!
                              Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                              Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Working...
                              X