This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove rear number plate bulbs

Tools needed one smallish screwdriver (to ping clear plastic cover out)

remove clear plastic cover

then the difficult bit........slid finger in behind bulb and gently push it down so that the bulb is now facing the floor.

wriggle the old bulb out, fit new bulb and reverse the process

Simples............Sim22 please take note, no blood on my fingers
    Last edited by John S; 24-04-2011, 08:00. Reason: added pics

There is a little notch on the outside of the case which allows you to pop out the whole unit which might make it easier to do.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think I messed mine up, going to take it out properly and have a look

Comment

I assume that you mean the notch between the clear plastic and the black body.
        Last edited by John S; 24-04-2011, 08:01.

Comment

I do recommend you dont do it. This is 1. the worst design and 2. the most flimsy in history. Pulled the bulb down put new bulb in...push it back up and one of the silver holder bits snaps off.....ovjnfjnjfkbg

Go to to the other side and bulb is so lose its also turned off.....so all in all i have no number plates lights now lol

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            I assume that you mean the notch between the clear plastic and the black body. see pic
            Ahh... the design is a little different to what I thought!

Nice guide by the way John - Thumb up!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post
              I do recommend you dont do it. This is 1. the worst design and 2. the most flimsy in history. Pulled the bulb down put new bulb in...push it back up and one of the silver holder bits snaps off.....ovjnfjnjfkbg

Go to to the other side and bulb is so lose its also turned off.....so all in all i have no number plates lights now lol
              Just the same thing that happened to me :P, The other one works though, only one little iron thingy broke off, going to have it fixed :P

It's quite easy once you get the entire thing out instead of messing with it blindly

Comment

Originally posted by yannickvanhex View Post
                Just the same thing that happened to me :P, The other one works though, only one little iron thingy broke off, going to have it fixed :P

It's quite easy once you get the entire thing out instead of messing with it blindly
                How did you get the whole thing out?

Comment

Just put a screwdriver behind the plastic ,not the lens but the whole thing, it should pop out like that

Comment

I tried with a knife yesterday night while i was at work but couldnt get it out and scared i was gonna damage something

Comment

Don't worry, worked fine with me, just play with it and you'll feel whento apply pressure :P
                      It's a lot easier when you see what you're doing :P

Comment

I hope so, need them changed and will ask when they put the new ones in to explain how to change the light bulb without breaking everything in sight lol

Comment

one of the clear plastic covers dropped out ages ago, im concerned about the bulb getting wet. I cant find them anywhere to buy, and i dont want to aquire it another way... if you see what i mean!

So frustrating!

Comment

Clingfilm?

Well easy to order - ask John N/Ross F on here. I got one for my old C3 from my local Citroen garage.
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

if i remeber correct in another thread it was said to get the new clear cover u need the whole light unit. black case , holder and all

Comment

Working...
                              X