Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help removing plastic vent to get to wiper motors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help removing plastic vent to get to wiper motors?

I am looking to remove the plastic at the bitter of the windscreen to get to the wiper motor, I have removed the wiper arms and unclipped from both sides, does it then just pull off?, as when I'm pulling it feels a slight it's connected to something and don't want to pull on it hard just incase something breaks, is there something I must do first before moving?, cheers

Anyone?...

Comment

Upps sorry meant to answer but got distracted. Yes after taking the wiper arms off it just pulls off. Start at one end and work to the other. It is pressed into a little grove at the base of the window. When putting it back just line it up and hit it with the palm of you hand down the length to get it reseated.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Cheers for the reply mate I'll take another look when I got 2 minutes spare!

Comment

Cheers for the reply mate I'll take another look when I got 2 minutes spare!

Comment

http://www.mediafire.com/view/h44sjs...iper_Motor.pdf

May help a little
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

All sorted now cheers guys

Comment

To access the wiper motors and remove the plastic vent in your vehicle, follow these general steps:
                1. Safety First: Ensure your vehicle is safely parked and the ignition is turned off.
                2. Locate the Vent: Identify the plastic vent cover you need to remove. It's usually located near the base of the windshield, beneath the hood.
                3. Remove Fasteners: Most vents are held in place by a combination of screws, clips, or bolts. Use the appropriate tools to remove these fasteners. Keep them organized to make reassembly easier.
                4. Careful Prying: Gently pry around the edges of the vent with a plastic trim removal tool or a flathead screwdriver wrapped in tape to avoid scratching the surface. Be cautious not to damage the vent itself.
                5. Disconnect Wiring: If the vent has any electrical connections, carefully disconnect them. Take note of their positions for reattachment.
                6. Lift and Remove: Once all fasteners are removed, carefully lift and remove the plastic vent. Be mindful of any hoses or cables that may still be connected.
                7. Access Wiper Motors: With the vent removed, you should have clear access to the wiper motors and related components.
                8. Reassembly: To put everything back together, reverse these steps, ensuring all fasteners, electrical connections, and hoses are properly reattached.

Always consult your vehicle's specific repair manual or seek professional assistance if you're unsure about the LinkedIn article process or lack the necessary tools. Your safety and the integrity of your vehicle are of utmost importance.

Comment

Working...
                X