Dipstick troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipstick troubles

Hey guys, I've been having troubles getting the dipstick in and out. It seems to get stuck / caught on something in the tube however after driving round and the oil has managed to work its way around the engine it's completely fine to get in and out but this doesn't give an accurate reading of how much oil you have right?
    I don't think there's a problem with the stick itself as I say it's fine to use when the engine has been running. I'm not sure if there's oil that's been hardened in the tube or anything. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it as at the moment, the only sure way of knowing if I'm low on oil is when the message appears on the dash which obviously isn't good.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Not sure myself, but someone might be able to help out if I give this thread a bump for you
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I think it's because Citroen use a coil design it tends to snag and then bend. I have to hold mine a guide it in.

Checking oil after its just been running shouldn't be so much of an issue, let the car sit for 5-10 mins, pull the dipstick out, wipe it off as normal with a tissue, reinsert it, wait a few seconds and pull it out. Should be fine. Usually I've found the warning indicator to go off when it hits the low level marker, there is enough tolerance to run it for a bit but no more than 20 miles is say.

Comment

I think they do a pill for disptick troubles?
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by fr09sty View Post
          I think it's because Citroen use a coil design it tends to snag and then bend. I have to hold mine a guide it in.

Checking oil after its just been running shouldn't be so much of an issue, let the car sit for 5-10 mins, pull the dipstick out, wipe it off as normal with a tissue, reinsert it, wait a few seconds and pull it out. Should be fine. Usually I've found the warning indicator to go off when it hits the low level marker, there is enough tolerance to run it for a bit but no more than 20 miles is say.
          Devil's advocate:

Whilst the above is fine, it's still worthwhile checking fluids at a regular interval.

If the oil pressure sensor is faulty or the car is left sat on an incline/decline this could mean you might not get the warning when expected
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by fr09sty View Post
            Should be fine. Usually I've found the warning indicator to go off when it hits the low level marker, there is enough tolerance to run it for a bit but no more than 20 miles is say.
            See my post in this thread:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....296#post223296

Comment

We`ve had Dipstick troubles for years if one of our neighbours is anything to go by!
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X